Tipsheet: Choosing a Videographer
When hiring a videographer, remember to:
• Ask to see samples from prospective videographers.
• Check the use of light—too much or too little?—and sound: Can you hear the groom saying “I do” clearly?
• Meet before the wedding to discuss must-haves (your grandparents, your first dance, and so on).
• Specify what background music you like; the wrong soundtrack can make you feel like you’re watching someone else’s wedding.
• Be specific about how many (or how few) graphics and animated images you want floating though your video.
• Ask to see all the footage before it’s edited, so you’ll be able to point out anything you don’t want to see cut.
• Inquire whether additional copies for your parents and in-laws are included.
From the 2003 New York Wedding Guide