Displaying all articles tagged:
fenty puma by rihanna
Shop Rihanna’s Fenty x Puma Collection Online Now For that “Marie Antoinette as gym-rat by way of Bed-Stuy” look.
100 Years of New York’s Sneaker Crazes Our sneakers are our cars, which means some are legendary.
7 Alternatives to Rihanna’s Sold-out Fur Slides If your shower shoes aren’t furry, are you really living?
Rihanna’s Mom Is Cooler Than Your Mom At her daughter’s Puma runway show, she maintained her chill.
what to expect when you're expecting fashion
Rihanna Announced Her NYFW Show in the Most Rihanna Way Possible Meanwhile, her fans just want to know when she’s releasing ANTI.
Rihanna Has More Socks to Sell You Nicki Minaj, Jenner Girls, and Katy Perry also share holiday collections.
10 Sneakers to Break Up Your Winter Boot Routine From modern versions of classics to graphic new styles.
The Brand Helping to Make the Seaport Cool Again Darlene and Lizzy Okpo have opened a new store in the revitalized neighborhood.
Meet the Owners of a Women’s-Only Sneaker Store “We found that a lot of women were really liking what was out there for men.”
adventures in creative direction
Report: Rihanna Signing a Design Deal With Puma Because every pop star must now have an athleisure line.
fashion week diary
F21 in Hong Kong; Kim’s Marie Claire Interview Plus, Donna Karan receives an award from the Dream Foundation on Friday.
Top Met Gala Beauty Trends; Pink’s Hair Now Looks Plain Also, a 54-year-old’s beauty-product addiction put her $14,000 in debt.
Calvin Klein to Live-Stream; Adidas the Most Followed Label on Facebook Also, Mary J. Blige and Catherine Malandrino are making T-shirts together.
Best Bet: Sporty Spice This T-shirt dress by McQueen for Puma is versatile and chic.
Hussein Chalayan’s New Puma Line Ideal for Airport Security He can’t exactly make furniture that morphs into dresses at Puma prices.
At Last, Barneys Gets Money; Stefano Pilati Collaborates With Puma Also, the editor of British ‘Vogue’ is tired of being told she doesn’t look like a ‘Vogue’ editor.
McQueen to Launch Apparel Collection for Puma He’s done shoes for them before, now it’s time for $790 jackets.
video look book
Hiroto Saguwara Reminds Us Why the Nineties Were So Awesome In this week’s Video Look Book we bring you nineties via neon and a fanny pack. ‘Nuff said.
OMFG: Alexander McQueen to Design a Target Line?! Dear fashion gods: Please don’t let this be just a rumor.
Galliano Parties for Perfume; Plastic Surgery Is Down Also skin-lightening-cream commercials in India are stirring controversy, and plastic surgeons say business is down 53 percent.
Magazines Vie for ‘Project Runway’ Spot; DVF Makes Walk of Fame Five magazines are bidding on the season-six ‘Project Runway’ sponsorship spot, Diane Von Furstenberg will be added to the Fashion Walk of Fame, and Victoria Beckham says TomKat are “normal.”
three is a trend
Kick Off Bike Month with Wheels by Chanel Chanel, Puma, and G-Star all designed pretty great bikes, so get one and get your Bike Month on!
What Puma and Adidas Have to Do With the Nazis We love when fashion collides with seemingly non-related topics like history and politics. In today’s chapter of fashion meets history…
Tom Brady May Model Skivvies for Calvin Klein! • Tom Brady may be the next Calvin Klein underwear model. (Please, God, let it be so.) Kimora Lee Simmons’s main squeeze, Djimon Honsou, is the label’s current bod of choice. [NYP]
New From Paris: Givenchy’s Bling, Lacroix’s Mops, and Valentino sans Valentino • Givenchy showed some bling and interesting, sexy jackets.
• The look at Christian Lacroix was ladies who lunch meets rock and roll meets … a black mop.
Ungaro Is Hip Again; Mixed Reviews for Dries Van Noten • Just 23 years old, Esteban Cortazar brought the “It” factor back to the house of Emanuel Ungaro. [Times]
• Dries Van Noten disappoints Cathy Horyn, and Comme des Garçons designer Rei Kawakubo makes her “think the trashiness, the allure and counterpoint of trashiness, is very interesting at the moment.” [On the Runway/NYT]
The Bancroft Family High Jinks: Ongoing! MEDIA
• The Bancrofts are so dysfunctional that they missed the deadline for choosing their representative to the new Dow Jones board. Murdoch then vetoed two family nominations before agreeing to Natalie Bancroft, a 27-year-old opera singer and journalism neophyte. Family member Crawford Hill concluded: “This entire, sad and pathetic final episode is a fiasco. No wonder we lost Dow Jones!!” [ WSJ]
• With the Times hiring former sex writer Susan Dominus as the newest “Metro” columnist, will the section be heading toward the look of “Sunday Styles”? [ NYO]
• Nora Ephron: Blogging makes us better writers. Hey Nora, can you call our boss? [Mixed Media/Portfolio]