Fashion Week kicked off with Thursday night's Fashion Rocks concert at Radio City Music Hall, which airs tonight on CBS. Jada Yuan caught everything from Wednesday's preshow to last night's after-parties.
- Elton John got the week off to an early start with a benefit concert at Jazz at Lincoln Center Wednesday night. He finished every song, including his new ones, with self-congratulatory fist-pumps and victory dances. The audience (which included Petra Nemcova, Bridget Moynahan, Erika Christensen, Natasha Bedingfield, and Ron Perelman) was less enthusiastic. John then skipped his own after-party, heading to Morgans basement bar in Murray Hill for the private birthday party of Babydaddy of the Scissor Sisters, where he hung with Justin Bond of Kiki & Herb and Scissor Sisters singer Jake Shears.
- At the main event, Drea de Matteo, who stood next to Scott Weiland, got booed after goofing up her TelePrompted lines. "I'm really good on TV, I swear!" she apologized. (The audience had a right to be grumpy because the concert will be televised, there were endless delays between sets and tiring demands for "lots of applause" whenever the cameras went live.)
- Kanye West then ceded his entire set to Farnsworth Bentley, former manservant of Sean "Diddy" Combs, who proved he's as adept at hip-hop as at holding someone else's umbrella. The best part? Bentley's dance moves, in which he mimics getting his shoes shined and shopping for bespoke suits.
- At the official after-party, apl.de.ap of the Black Eyed Peas, who's debuting a line of fitted shirts and Filipino-influenced designs this year (and whose group performed at Fashion Rocks), told us about his time in New York. "I took a walk in Central Park and Damian Marley was playing a concert outside. I didn't know nobody, and so I thought maybe I'd just hang outside and listen. But I went up to the people at the door, and they were like, 'Oh, my God! Black Eyed Peas!' and got me some backstage passes. I was like, 'Score!'"
- Fergie lamented that she has to miss the rest of Fashion Week because the Peas are on tour. Eventually she'll design her own line, Gwen Stefani style. In the meantime, what does she listen to when she's getting dressed in the morning? "Sometimes Gnarls Barkley, but today, silence. I'm embracing calm now because there's so much chaos in my life, with touring and the new album. I've gotten really into watching shows like Everybody Loves Raymond on repeat. It kind of zones me out at the end of the day."
Most Viewed Stories
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.