The shows are barely under way, and yet one accessory has already taken center stage: the ubiquitous belt. Next year, expect to pair one with every dress you own, wrapping yourself up and strapping yourself in like there's no tomorrow. BCBG tied lacy, flimsy dresses with saddle brown straps that doubled around the waist. Nicole Miller went for an exotic touch with a thin, snakeskin two-strap. Vena Cava's heavy-metal twist had four chains worn over a white shirt dress. Even Erin Fetherston got into the act with a silver braided belt. So go ahead — cinch it for all it's worth.
Best Bet: Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil
Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
- Miley Wants You to Know Her Nudity Is Political
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Chunky Scarves
- Best Bet: Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil
- Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
- Zoe Saldana Was Ruffled Up at the amFAR Gala
- The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!