Only at Baby Phat could black-on-black nails embellished with black crystals be considered low-key. But as Creative Nail Design co-founder Jan Arnold explained backstage before the show, Kimora Lee Simmons decided to go with an "understated bling" look this year. Now there's a contradiction. New York Magazine beauty editor Aja Mangum also caught up with MAC's Nadine Luke, who expanded further on the show's makeup theme — "it's 1920s but a modern 1920s, so instead of a flapper girl, she's a flippin' girl." Watch the video to see the nails and the makeup close up.
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000