At Gareth Pugh we learned that "model agencies are over," according to Nicola Formichetti, fashion director of Dazed & Confused magazine. He should know, as he's the man responsible for the rise of model Luke Worrall, dubbed "The male Agness Deyn." The bleached-blond 18-year-old fellow was discovered last year in a London skateboard park and since has graced the pages of French Vogue and W, as well as Marc Jacobs's runways. Worrall sat with Formichetti during a rare off-catwalk moment and listened while Formichetti told us, “The future is all about the MySpace kids. I’m on it at least three times a day. I get every one from there: stylists, photographers, journalists, and models.” He’s been in talks with supermodel Carmen Kass, who is working on launching her own modeling agency. It’s based on the “street people” phenom, spearheaded by street-style snappers like "Face Hunter" Yvan Rodic, who was also in attendance at Pugh's show. Kass said she’s sick of models getting the short end of the stick after traditional agencies take their cut of their earnings. Given that Kass is reported to earn $3 million a year, we’re pleased she’s still thinking about the little people. —Sarah Maslin Nir
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like