Finally, the clothes on the London runways are getting a little crazy, a look which defines London Fashion Week and is part of what makes it so great. Some observations:
• The geometric shapes and bright colors, especially one bright-blue coat at Aquascutum, happily remind us of Willy Wonka's factory.
• Betty Jackson also used bright colors but cleverly concealed buttons.
• Just a hunch, but people would hate you if you wore the Basso and Brooke stuff on the subway.
• Nicole Farhi, on the other hand, is so subway-friendly that we'd probably wear her stuff for our commute to the office.
• Todd Lynn proved that high-waisted pants look really silly on dudes.
• Jens Laugesen managed to make Star Trek–y suits seem sorta badass.
• Marios Schwab got scissor happy; the man can sew a damn good ruffle barnacle.