• Nordstrom is having trouble securing a site for a Manhattan flagship; it had its sights set on the old Drake Hotel on 56th and Park, but the building's developer has hit a snag with financiers. [WWD]
• Nicole Farhi showed yesterday at London Fashion Week: The collection had great pieces, and then there were not-so-great pieces in muted colors and layers. In sum, "If Virginia Woolf were alive today, and perhaps worked in a publisher's office…" [Guardian]
• Maybelline is the cosmetics brand with the most loyal customers, according to a new study. Mary Kay came in second and Estée Lauder came in third. What, no love for Wet n Wild? [WWD]
• Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Meghan White was booed at the cover-girl announcement party on Tuesday night when it was announced that she's a New England Patriots cheerleader. [NYP]
• Hey guys, Karolina Kurkova is single. She thinks it's because men are intimidated by how tall and loud she is. And if you do muster the courage to ask her on a date, don't take her to dinner because that's so boring. She'd much rather go bungee jumping. Not intimidating at all, right? [NYDN]
• Dog shows are like fashion shows. Just "replace the poodles with Latvian giantesses" and the backstage area would be just like the backstage of the tents. [NYT]
Most Viewed Stories
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Ellie Kemper Thinks Kimmy Schmidt Would Fit in Well in Greenpoint
Astrology GIFs for the Week of October 5, 2015
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Sleater-Kinney on Riot Grrl, Reuniting, and Portlandia
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
From Our Partners
How This Woman Lost 30 Pounds After Years of Ignoring Her Weight Gain
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
fall table setting ideas
The Fashion Spot
Cindy Crawford’s Aging Advice: Stay Away from Magnifier Mirrors
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesThis Terrifying Face Mask Is a New Korean Beauty Trend
You'll look like a serial killer, but it gives you extra-soft skin.Phoebe Philo Does Not Believe in Hair Extensions
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.Even Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.John Legend on His Sitcom Pilot With Chrissy Teigen
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.The Angelina Jolie of China on Fame and Power
A rare interview with activist actress Yao Chen.