After seeing the dazzling new Nina Ricci ads yesterday, we were reminded of how refreshing it can be to see the pretty, new spring campaigns. Our five favorites:
1. Lanvin: With the impressive trio of Alber Elbaz, Steven Meisel and Olga Sherer, it’s no wonder this tops our list. In the campaign's latest installment, Sherer’s pouty raspberry lips contrast nicely with a lemon cocktail dress. Dazzling, bold jewelry and clear glasses push the eye-catching image even further.
2. YSL: After loving Gisele’s spin under the label for fall, we were curious to see if Kate Moss could top it. She may not have, but the Inez & Vinoodh–shot photos definitely have their own appeal. Really, who hasn't drooled outside the YSL store in Paris?
3. Chanel: After being dropped by Karl Lagerfeld years ago in favor of the edgier Stella Tennant, Claudia Schiffer’s back. And this time around, she’s both clothed and photographed by the Kaiser. Rendered in elegant black-and-white (how appropriate for Chanel), the beach scene is a classic shot of a nineties icon.
4. Jil Sander: In keeping with Simon’s clean viewpoint, the campaign features minimal frills. On one side, a natural-looking Kasia Struss wears an airy frock; on the other, a man’s hand lies atop an animal’s skull. It’s puzzling, sure, but it's also beautiful and dynamic.
5. Hermès: It’s provocative to see the refined French brand reworked into an Eastern context. With the brightly painted elephant and striking model, you don’t even realize that handbags, the label’s calling card, are missing. —Kendall Herbst