After seeing the dazzling new Nina Ricci ads yesterday, we were reminded of how refreshing it can be to see the pretty, new spring campaigns. Our five favorites:
1. Lanvin: With the impressive trio of Alber Elbaz, Steven Meisel and Olga Sherer, it’s no wonder this tops our list. In the campaign's latest installment, Sherer’s pouty raspberry lips contrast nicely with a lemon cocktail dress. Dazzling, bold jewelry and clear glasses push the eye-catching image even further.
2. YSL: After loving Gisele’s spin under the label for fall, we were curious to see if Kate Moss could top it. She may not have, but the Inez & Vinoodh–shot photos definitely have their own appeal. Really, who hasn't drooled outside the YSL store in Paris?
3. Chanel: After being dropped by Karl Lagerfeld years ago in favor of the edgier Stella Tennant, Claudia Schiffer’s back. And this time around, she’s both clothed and photographed by the Kaiser. Rendered in elegant black-and-white (how appropriate for Chanel), the beach scene is a classic shot of a nineties icon.
4. Jil Sander: In keeping with Simon’s clean viewpoint, the campaign features minimal frills. On one side, a natural-looking Kasia Struss wears an airy frock; on the other, a man’s hand lies atop an animal’s skull. It’s puzzling, sure, but it's also beautiful and dynamic.
5. Hermès: It’s provocative to see the refined French brand reworked into an Eastern context. With the brightly painted elephant and striking model, you don’t even realize that handbags, the label’s calling card, are missing. —Kendall Herbst
Most Viewed Stories
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
Astrology GIFs for the Week of October 5, 2015
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
All the Ceilings Women Keep Hitting Their Heads On
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
From Our Partners
7 Eyebrow Mistakes You Need to Stop Making Immediately
5 Eyeliner Rules Most Women Break (and How to Redeem Yourself)
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
The Fashion Spot
New Study Says People Think Better of You When You Wear Black
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion Features5 Things I Want to Wear From Paris: Part 3
Stripes, embroidered separates, and Céline studded boots.Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
And how she's helping her daughter navigate the pressures of the modeling industry.Zendaya Floated Around Paris Like a Cloud
Dreamy.See Our Exclusive Portfolio From Paris Fashion Week
Another fashion month dispatch from photographer Tomasz Lazar.Coddington, Kawakubo Star in Interview Portfolio
They were photographed for a sweeping 60-page section by Fabien Baron.American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
Current shareholders, including Dov Charney, will no longer control the company.The Retired Modeling Agent Who Loves Empire
“I started my own agency — we represented Twiggy — but went off to be assistant to the actor Yul Brynner, who was dating my roommate at the time.”Bright Coats for Cold Days
New York women in winter's least-boring outerwear, from bright-green alpaca fur to leopard-print mohair.Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Phoebe Philo remains in touch with what women want to wear.Watch the Alexander McQueen Livestream
Enjoy!From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
And don't count John Galliano out at Margiela yet.5 Things I Want to Wear From Paris: Part 2
Cropped sweaters, a spangled skirt, and more.Jaden Smith and Kesha Partied This Week
Along with Cindy Crawford, Anjelica Huston, Rita Ora, and Lena Dunham.Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Partied in Balmain
Plus: more highlights from Paris Fashion Week's parties, including Jared Leto.See All the Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
Featuring wooden platforms, velvet robes, and floor-length ponchos.Who Won Best-Dressed at Milan Fashion Week?
Another city, another people's choice Peacock.Style Smackdown: Olivia Pope vs. Cookie Lyon
Judging the best looks from this week's episodes.Never Mind the Feminist Sound-Bites, Rick Owens Just Showed His Best Clothes Yet
Gymnast models symbolizing "women supporting women" wore mature yet spontaneous looks.Grace Jones Is Having the Wildest Book Tour Ever [NSFW]
She flashed crowds at her signing in New York.