After seeing the dazzling new Nina Ricci ads yesterday, we were reminded of how refreshing it can be to see the pretty, new spring campaigns. Our five favorites:
1. Lanvin: With the impressive trio of Alber Elbaz, Steven Meisel and Olga Sherer, it’s no wonder this tops our list. In the campaign's latest installment, Sherer’s pouty raspberry lips contrast nicely with a lemon cocktail dress. Dazzling, bold jewelry and clear glasses push the eye-catching image even further.
2. YSL: After loving Gisele’s spin under the label for fall, we were curious to see if Kate Moss could top it. She may not have, but the Inez & Vinoodh–shot photos definitely have their own appeal. Really, who hasn't drooled outside the YSL store in Paris?
3. Chanel: After being dropped by Karl Lagerfeld years ago in favor of the edgier Stella Tennant, Claudia Schiffer’s back. And this time around, she’s both clothed and photographed by the Kaiser. Rendered in elegant black-and-white (how appropriate for Chanel), the beach scene is a classic shot of a nineties icon.
4. Jil Sander: In keeping with Simon’s clean viewpoint, the campaign features minimal frills. On one side, a natural-looking Kasia Struss wears an airy frock; on the other, a man’s hand lies atop an animal’s skull. It’s puzzling, sure, but it's also beautiful and dynamic.
5. Hermès: It’s provocative to see the refined French brand reworked into an Eastern context. With the brightly painted elephant and striking model, you don’t even realize that handbags, the label’s calling card, are missing. —Kendall Herbst
Most Viewed Stories
Why the Casey Affleck Sexual-Harassment Allegations Just Won’t Stick
The Best, Worst, and Most Headbanded Looks of the 2017 Oscars
Everyone Realized All at Once That Was Mel Gibson’s Girlfriend, Not His Daughter
Nicole Kidman Does Not Know How to Clap
How Christian Siriano Is Changing the Red Carpet
Meryl Streep Issues Scathing Response to Karl Lagerfeld’s Oscar Dress Comments [UPDATED]
That Jimmy Kimmel Joke About Weight in Hollywood Sounds Kind of Familiar
Casey Affleck Wins Again
The Best and Weirdest Oscars Beauty Looks
The Young Professional Whose Mom Paid for Her Breast Augmentation
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.