The CW plans to run America's Next Top Model for at least two more cycles after this current run, but Tyra Banks may not stick around for it. According to OK magazine, Banks is feuding with photo-shoot creative director Jay Manuel to such an extent that the two don't even speak. OK also reports that Banks barely hangs out with the contestants and shows up only on judging days. So what happened to the Best Girlfriend/Mother Hen Tyra we grew to love over ten (and yes, it took all ten) cycles? She wants people to take her seriously, it turns out, and ANTM just isn't part of that vision:
“She’s really throwing all her weight behind her talk show,” according to a source familiar with “The Tyra Banks Show.” “She’s putting lots of pressure on her staff to keep her show on the map. She had Barack Obama on, she had Hilary Clinton on — she got a taste of playing with the big boys and now ‘Top Model’ seems to detract from her big plans.”
We wonder if her big talk-show plans will include having the cast of the Bad Girls Club back on the show, or perhaps Naomi Campbell for a second go? You know, the "filler" between the political stuff.
Banks is supposedly looking for a supermodel to replace her on ANTM. After the jump, we've compiled a list of models we'd like to see in that center seat on the judges' panel.
1. Gisele: She might be a bit too classy for the CW, but she's always pleasant and smiley. We can't see her acting as mushy or nasty as Tyra does, but we can certainly see all the girls vying to be her BFF. Also, she can talk Tom Brady into a cameo.
2. May Andersen: We've no doubt May would enhance the drama factor. We picture her taking the girls to dinner where they all get tipsy and dance on tables. Considering her assault-charge ridden past, things could get pretty interesting if anyone acts out of line.
3. Agyness Deyn: Who doesn't love Agyness Deyn? She can teach the girls and the world how to put together outfits with wild abandon and still look fabulous. And maybe she could give the show a little edge.
4. Kate Moss: She'd be way too cool to party with the contestants, but the episode about "how to bounce back from a scandal" would be epic. Also, she'd upstage Twiggy, who was never as interesting as we'd hoped.
5. Naomi Campbell: Aside from the fact that we know she's capable of quick changes like Banks, wouldn't it be brilliant if Banks's arch-nemesis came on and ratings spiked? Then she could go back on Tyra's talk show and they could tackle a whole new batch of Banks's hard feelings.
6. Tyson Beckford: He's going to be out of a job when Make Me a Supermodel ends. Plus, all the contestants would fall all over themselves in his smokin' hot presence. Or he could host some sort of America's Next Top Male Model spinoff, the idea of which makes our heads dizzy with delight.
No more ‘Top Model’ for Tyra Banks? [MSNBC]
Most Viewed Stories
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.