• The Great Designers symposium starts today. If you’re registered, you'll get two full days of lectures from top industry professionals like designer Maria Cornejo, Bergdorf senior VP Linda Fargo, and fashion-history professor Caroline Evans. The Museum at FIT, Seventh Ave., at 27th St., rm. E301; 9:30–5.
• Donna Karan is clearing out her closet and selling her personal stash of vintage clothes, jewelry, and furniture for $20 to $2,000 today and tomorrow only. Proceeds benefit the designer's Urban Zen Initiative, which promotes well-being by merging Eastern and Western medicinal practices. Stephan Weiss Studio, 711 Greenwich St., nr. 10th St.; 10–7.
• For one day only, men's and women's Issey Miyake, Pleats Please, and HaaT are 60 to 80 percent off retail. 139 Franklin St., at Varick St., second fl. (212-226-1334, ext. 231); 8–4.
• Elijah’s fall and holiday collections are up to 70 percent off. Expect draped feminine dresses and plenty of rosettes. Through 3/14. 252 W. 38th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 1502 (no number); 3/12–3/14 (10–8).
• It's never too late to stock up on quality winter hats. So come to the Patricia Underwood trunk show. Bergdorf Goodman, 754 Fifth Ave., at 57th St., main fl. (212-753-7300); 10–8.
• Do your kids need new jeans? Today only you'll get 20 percent off your other purchases after buying two pairs of regularly priced kids' denim. Bloomingdale's, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 1–4.
• Men's and women’s apparel from Paul Smith is marked down up to 80 percent at the sample sale. Women’s dresses are down to $150 (originally $1,000), and a men’s suit is priced at $375 (originally $1,800). 76 Greene St., nr. Broome St.; 3/13–3/14 (11–7); 3/15 (11–3).
• Kate McGregor of Kaight’s ecofriendly boutique marks up to 60 percent off for all end-of-season merchandise. A silk shift is now $82 (originally $205), and a sweater coat that was $345 is now $138. 83 Orchard St., nr. Broome St. (212-680-5630); 3/13-3/15 (12–8), 3/16 (11–7).
• The Bill Blass sample sale offers womenswear up to 90 percent off at the independent designer retail hub Underground NYC. Dresses that were $500 to $700 are now $50 to $70. Jackets, tops, pants, and skirts are also on sale through Sunday. 440 Broadway, nr. Grand St. (212-226-4312); 3/13–3/14 (12–8), 3/15–3/16 (12–8).
For more deals, check out our Sales & Bargains calendar.
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Guess Who Renovated This Grand Upper West Side Penthouse
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
The Internet of Parents Is Miserable and I Love It
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
From Our Partners
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
15 Ways You Know a Girl Studied Abroad in Paris
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
Thrillist: Things No Self-Respecting Adult Should Be Doing on Facebook
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesCool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.18 of the Best Fall Jackets Under $300
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.Winter Doomsday Preppers: This Coat Is for You
Warm, fuzzy, and a street-style hit.Spring 2016 Runway Trends to Buy Now
Who wants to wait until next year?The Start-up Helping You Cash In on Designer Bags
So you don't have the hassle of another consignment store.Outfit of the Week: A Cool, Office-Friendly Look
It's all in the skirt details.