By now you've heard of Miley Cyrus's risqué photo in the June issue of Vanity Fair. Honestly, with all the fuss you'd think Lauren Conrad's sex tape came out or something (don't get any ideas, you Hills stars, you). Not to say we told you so, but we have noted that it's only a matter of time before fame overwhelms poor little Cyrus and she succumbs to flashing skin and bathroom runs. But while this photo is rather inappropriate for a 15-year-old, we're not sure this captures her succumbing. In other words, parents can probably hold off on the Hannah Montana bonfires. For now at least. After all, there's no side boob cleavage and we've seen the girl in very low-cut dresses before.
But we're not the only blog with opinions. After the jump, we've compiled some of our favorite Miley Cyrus blog posts of the day.
• Glam Chic notes that the white-sheet photo shoot is a "rite of passage for many of Hollywood’s most beloved stars." They've compiled images of some memorable white-sheet magazine covers, including Jennifer Aniston and her naked rear on the cover of Rolling Stone and New York's Gossip Girl cover from last week's issue.
• Gawker explains the meaning of "grooming" as it relates to child molesters. They follow it with behind-the-scenes photos of Cyrus getting primped for the shoot which they find rather creepy.
• Mediabistro's Fishbowl got a photographer's perspective from the former photography director of Men's Journal and Outside. He said Leibovitz probably doesn't know enough about Cyrus to realize that such a photograph would be so poorly received since she's too busy to research her subjects.
• Perez Hilton published Annie Leibovitz's statement. She thinks the photo is beautiful and everyone's misinterpreting it.
• The Superficial looked at the behind-the-scenes photos, too, and writes, "I put on my detective hat and tried to find the gun in these photos that Annie Leibovitz used to force defenseless Miley Cyrus to pose for these pictures, but so far no dice. I thought I saw Adolf Hitler with a machete and had cracked this case wide open but it was just a palm tree." They also have a clip of the View ladies discussing the photo, the "sassiest barrage of sass this side of Sassylvania."
Most Viewed Stories
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
Jaden Smith on the Many Subtle Flavors of Water
Kim Kardashian Might Vote for Donald Trump
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
If You See Brad Pitt As a Fallen Hero, It’s Because the Rules Have Changed
Kylie Jenner’s Getting Sucked Into Tyga’s Debt Problems
Taylor Swift’s Squad Begged Kim Kardashian for Mercy
Bask in the Glory of This Dramatic Email Sent to a UCLA Freshman by Her Future Roommate
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutAdam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
Her name is Dusty Rose Levine. Awwww.Beyoncé and Tina Knowles Did A Normal Mother/Daughter Thing
Houston’s Solid Gold Beauty Supply received the Queen Bey herself.Brad Pitt Probably Won’t Face Prosecution for Child Abuse
The Brangelina Divorce Machine marches on.North West Is a Pretty Great Flower Girl
Brides, prepared to be upstaged.The Kids From Stranger Things Are Hanging Out With Nicolas Ghesquière
Millie Bobby Brown, Caleb McLaughlin, and Gaten Matarazzo hit up Louis Vuitton’s HQ in Paris.A ‘Cagney & Lacey-Esque’ Police Drama Is Currently in Development at ABC
Bring. On. The Female. Detectives.Kylie Jenner’s Getting Sucked Into Tyga’s Debt Problems
She’ll have to answer questions under oath in the latest lawsuit against him.Lauren Hutton and Gigi Hadid Make the Best Intergenerational Model Pair
It was a major moment.Your Basement Gym Is No Match for These $10 Million Wellness Amenities
The two superstar brokers of Million Dollar Listing New York fame discuss.The NFL Is Taking Steps to Recruit More Women
It’s part of a major push for gender equality.
When it comes to white denim, the only rule is that it should flatter you.Hotel Counts Sensual Framed Photos of Jeff Goldblum Among Its Amenities
A true luxury.The Cabal of Fabulous Rich Ladies Who Built Gustav Klimt’s Career
Their stories and portraits are featured in a new exhibit at Neue Galerie New York.The Chanel No.5 Launch Party Was the No. 1 Place to Be in L.A. Last Night
It doesn’t get any better than Nas and Chanel bags.An Uber Operator Allegedly Laughed at a Man for Calling to Report a Sexual Assault
The driver has since been permanently banned.Kate Moss and Paris Hilton Partied This Week
People cried while waiting for Gigi Hadid.See the Newest Fashion Campaigns for Fall
Including Pharrell’s democratic G-Star campaign, Fenty Puma by Rihanna, and Acne Studios.Kim Kardashian Might Vote for Donald Trump
Oh, dear.A Black Woman Painted Her Entire Body White to Protest Police Brutality, and Facebook Removed the Video
It took hours for the platform to restore her video.Toxic Masculinity Causing Men to Avoid Tofu and Exclamation Points
Men aren’t the only jerks who text with periods.