By now you've heard of Miley Cyrus's risqué photo in the June issue of Vanity Fair. Honestly, with all the fuss you'd think Lauren Conrad's sex tape came out or something (don't get any ideas, you Hills stars, you). Not to say we told you so, but we have noted that it's only a matter of time before fame overwhelms poor little Cyrus and she succumbs to flashing skin and bathroom runs. But while this photo is rather inappropriate for a 15-year-old, we're not sure this captures her succumbing. In other words, parents can probably hold off on the Hannah Montana bonfires. For now at least. After all, there's no side boob cleavage and we've seen the girl in very low-cut dresses before.
But we're not the only blog with opinions. After the jump, we've compiled some of our favorite Miley Cyrus blog posts of the day.
• Glam Chic notes that the white-sheet photo shoot is a "rite of passage for many of Hollywood’s most beloved stars." They've compiled images of some memorable white-sheet magazine covers, including Jennifer Aniston and her naked rear on the cover of Rolling Stone and New York's Gossip Girl cover from last week's issue.
• Gawker explains the meaning of "grooming" as it relates to child molesters. They follow it with behind-the-scenes photos of Cyrus getting primped for the shoot which they find rather creepy.
• Mediabistro's Fishbowl got a photographer's perspective from the former photography director of Men's Journal and Outside. He said Leibovitz probably doesn't know enough about Cyrus to realize that such a photograph would be so poorly received since she's too busy to research her subjects.
• Perez Hilton published Annie Leibovitz's statement. She thinks the photo is beautiful and everyone's misinterpreting it.
• The Superficial looked at the behind-the-scenes photos, too, and writes, "I put on my detective hat and tried to find the gun in these photos that Annie Leibovitz used to force defenseless Miley Cyrus to pose for these pictures, but so far no dice. I thought I saw Adolf Hitler with a machete and had cracked this case wide open but it was just a palm tree." They also have a clip of the View ladies discussing the photo, the "sassiest barrage of sass this side of Sassylvania."
Most Viewed Stories
That Awkward Clip of Donald and Melania at the Inauguration Is Definitely Real
Trump’s Latest Executive Order Will Affect Women’s Health Worldwide
Josh Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s Brother-in-Law, Was Reportedly Spotted at the Women’s March
What You Need to Know About the 89800 ‘Count Me’ Text
A Scene from the D.C. Women’s March
Sean Spicer Chews and Swallows 35 Pieces of Gum Every Day Before Noon
Museums Across the World Are Collecting Women’s March Signs
Like Trump, Taylor Swift Cares About Numbers
Calvin Klein Quietly Unveils First Raf Simons Collection
The Future of the Left Is Female
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutJax’s Roast Should’ve Lasted All Episode
Watching Jax Taylor get insulted on camera is oddly satisfying.All 6 of King Henry VIII’s Wives Had Great Style
See costumes from the lavish new period drama.Contrary to What Sean Spicer Says, Taxpayer Dollars Don’t Fund Abortions Overseas
Dissecting Sean Spicer’s statement about the Mexico City Policy.The ‘Natural’ Skin-care Line Sephora Can’t Keep in Stock
All without Kardashian endorsements --- or fragrances.These 9 High-School Marchers Will Give You Hope for the Future
“For the kids in the community that didn’t have the opportunity to go, I want to be able to represent them and break the stereotypes held against us.”That Awkward Clip of Donald and Melania at the Inauguration Is Definitely Real
A short video clip tells all.Was This Your First March? Don’t Stop Now.
The work didn’t end on Saturday.The Future of the Left Is Female
Women’s rights are human rights, and women leaders are progressive leaders.Have Dark Eye Circles? Dior Shows You How to Put Some Glitter on It
Who needs concealer?What You Need to Know About the 89800 ‘Count Me’ Text
The organization behind the Count Me In effort provided an update.
Including Kate Spade’s camel adventure, and a look at Maria Grazia Chiuri’s first ads for Dior.Sean Spicer Chews and Swallows 35 Pieces of Gum Every Day Before Noon
He chews Orbit cinnamon, which is a terrible choice.Guess What Mariah Carey Did to Cheer Up Her Backup Dancer?
It took place onstage.Senator Taking Inauguration Selfie Identified Only as ‘Woman’
SFGate neglected to identify the senator, who was taking a photo with her male colleagues.The Musician on a Date at the NYC Women’s March
This week’s sex diary.Trump’s Latest Executive Order Will Affect Women’s Health Worldwide
The president reinstated the Global Gag Rule on abortion on Monday morning.7 Ways to Wear Cropped Pants in the Winter
Denim, satin, any kind of fabric, we’ve got the answer.Maria Grazia Chiuri Made Her Dior Couture Debut Amid an Enchanted Forest Set
Fairy-tale fashion.An Estimated 3.2 Million People Participated in Women’s Marches Across the Country
A by-the-numbers breakdown of women’s marches in every city.Trump Accuser Jessica Drake Was a One-Woman Protest at the Porn Oscars
She flew to the awards after marching in Washington, and walked the red carpet wearing a dress made to look like a burned American flag.