Peter Som restaged his first collection for Bill Blass today. Quite smartly the designer brought his show to Saks, the ultimate ladies-who-lunch destination, around lunchtime (full disclosure: we've actually lunched at Saks). Amid elderly women sipping champers, buried in furs that seemed to outweigh them, Som chatted about his designs. “I do have favorites, yes. I like the pieces with feathers, the cocktail dresses,” he explained. The designer later mentioned that he felt he brought his “sense of femininity” to the label, even as he drew from the house’s historical “clean lines.” He also let us in on his summer plans — “I’m going to St. Barts. I’ve never been before,” he cheerfully revealed as we attempted to mask our envy with a smile. Then the interview was cut short as a pushy older woman butted in. But she’s probably more likely to buy the pieces, so we understood. —Kendall Herbst
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her