• The FiFi Awards, the Oscars of the fragrance industry, were doled out last night at the Park Avenue Armory. Coty Inc. was this year's big winner. Their scents for Victoria and David Beckham, Intimately Beckham, won Fragrance of the Year for popular appeal in both the women's and men's category (go figure). Marc Jacobs’s Daisy won two awards in the Women’s Luxe and Best Packaging categories. [WWD]
• Artemis makes an eyelash curler that heats up like a curling iron. Does this scare yet oddly excite anyone else? [Beauty Snob]
• Sheer lip glosses makes lips more vulnerable to skin cancer because they increase light penetration to the lips. So make sure your kisser gets just as much SPF as your skin. [Kiss and Makeup]
• M.A.C is releasing a special limited-edition bluish lip color in California called California Dreamin’. Someone needs to put this on eBay, stat. [Specktra Beauty News]
• Nick Arrojo, the What Not to Wear hairstylist of the Arrojo Studio salon, will release a book called Great Hair this fall. Sounds creative. [Teen Vogue]
• China Glaze just released a new eight-piece set of hologram neon nail colors called INK inspired by tattoos. The $25 set comes with nail decals. We thought those were for children. [Makeup and Beauty Blog]
• British men spend less than $5 a year on skin-care products. One bottle of our drugstore moisturizer costs more than that. [Bella Sugar]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Stop Time-Traveling to Such Lame Eras, Losers
From Our Partners
Tinder is Trash
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
How This Woman Lost 30 Pounds After Years of Ignoring Her Weight Gain
You Should Be Sleeping With Your Hair In A Bun–Here’s Why
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesEven Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.The Angelina Jolie of China on Fame and Power
A rare interview with activist actress Yao Chen.Mindy Kaling’s Book Is Full of Beauty Wisdom
Six of our favorite insights.How to Look Amazing in Under 10 Minutes
A makeup artist's everyday skin routine.