• Daria Werbowy’s Daria Collection for Lancôme goes on sale today at Sephora.com. Proceeds from her summery bronze makeup go to an education program in Rio de Janeiro. Aw, we feel warm and fuzzy just reading that. [Makeup Minute]
• L'Oréal uses Facebook to recruit employees with the application “Work With Me.” So maybe if you want them to "work with you," you shouldn't post those smeared makeup 3 a.m. photos anymore. [WWD]
• Reports from the Luxe Pack New York trade show this week say that the beauty-packaging market is growing globally despite the steadily tanking national economy. What would beauty products be if they didn't come in boxes, after all? [Cosmetic News]
• Shiseido's Hydro-Powder cream shadows are shimmery, bright summer shades that go on really nicely rather than gunking up in creases. [Beauty Snob]
• The new Neo Sci-Fi collection from M.A.C features bright-orange packaging, even though the colors are neutral. How confusing. [Bella Sugar]
• Speaking of Neo Sci-Fi, the neutral colors of the nude lip create a great counterpoint to a detailed smoky eye. [Temptalia]
• Have ya heard? Chipped nail polish is in. According to the Times, “grotty nail polish no longer suggests drug addiction, manual labor or pure laziness.” Except in our case. Kidding! [NYT]
• Sarah Jessica Parker’s fragrances sold out this week on the Home Shopping Network even though she didn't appear to shill them herself. Does this woman ever lose? [Chic Report/ Fashion Week Daily]
• If you love David Yurman jewelry and summer in the Hamptons, you'll just love the new Yurman fragrance, according to this reviewer. It's a first for the label, and the Times gives it three stars for “good juice” at an expensive rate ($165 for 75ml). [Moment/NYT]
• Touted as the next Frederic Fekkai, celebrity hairstylist Dusty Simington told a bunch of beauty bloggers, “If you’re unattractive, you’re stupid, because there are so many great products out there.” Okaaaay. [Sugar Shock Beauty]
• Your hair should never be sculptured into lions, birds, or bears. It's scary. Though we give mad props to whoever is capable of doing it. [Kiss and Makeup]
Most Viewed Stories
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Ellie Kemper Thinks Kimmy Schmidt Would Fit in Well in Greenpoint
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Guess What? Americans Love Planned Parenthood
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Witness a Photographer’s Affair With Los Angeles
Sigourney Weaver on Talking to Ronald Reagan About Abortion Rights
From Our Partners
Here's What To Buy From J.Crew's HUGE 75-Percent-Off Sale!
Thrillist: Things No Self-Respecting Adult Should Be Doing on Facebook
The Art of Loving and Losing Female Friends
NYC Council Jewish Caucus Wants Obama to Admit More Syrian Refugees
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesPhoebe Philo Does Not Believe in Hair Extensions
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.Even Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.John Legend on His Sitcom Pilot With Chrissy Teigen
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.The Angelina Jolie of China on Fame and Power
A rare interview with activist actress Yao Chen.Mindy Kaling’s Book Is Full of Beauty Wisdom
Six of our favorite insights.