At 8 p.m. tonight, the Met's Costume Institute gala, a.k.a. the Best Party Ever, kicks off. While we're itching to get our heels on and into the press check-in line, fashion houses are still sending out harried press releases to inform us whom they're dressing. Dolce & Gabbana will dress Iman, David Bowie, and Scarlett Johansson, among others. Calvin Klein's got Liv Tyler, Fergie, and Rachel Bilson. Eva Longoria and Dita Von Teese will wear Marchesa. Ellen Barkin and the Olsen twins will swan down the red carpet in Wonder Woman–inspired garb by Diane Von Furstenberg. And our recent tastemaker Yigal Azrouël will dress Katie Lee Joel. We know you're all dying to know who's dressing us. Sadly, reporters are only allowed on the red carpet, so we're not getting too fancy, but we do have a fabulous shiny pair of shoes under our desk. And a cape and Batman mask, of course.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel