Boy, do we have a wonderful way for you to kill six minutes this lovely Friday afternoon. To go with her New York Times Magazine cover profile hitting stands Sunday, Tyra Banks shot what we'll call a one-installment vlog. Artistically done in black-and-white, Banks gets right down to it, demonstrating a few valuable tools from her modeling tool kit, namely 7 of her 275 smiles. "I have a long list of different smiles that you can do and every model should be equipped," she explains. "Everybody can't handle the long list … That's for, you know, advanced." She starts off simply, with the subtle Smiling With Your Eyes. Then she moves into the Angry Smile, the Flirting With Boyfriend Smile, the Surprised Because Someone Just Gave You a Diamond Ring and You Don't Know Why Smile, and the Commercial Smile. She ends with our personal favorite, the High Fashion Smile, in which she appears to be bopping herself on the side of her head. Sigh. This totally makes up for missing Tyra every day. We're going to go practice in the bathroom now. If we don't come back, just assume we got discovered.
Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison
Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time
- Lindsay Lohan Implicated in Hilton Bro Beating
- Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison
- Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
- Astrology GIFs for the Week of December 9, 2013
- Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011