Behold! Gwyneth Paltrow and her legs continue their world tour in the current issue of Harper's Bazaar. She's somehow managed to increase the surface area of bare skin between shoe and hemline since her Iron Man premieres. Now maybe this is just us, but does anyone else see this picture-quote combo (it reads, "I don't want to look like a mother who doesn't care") as about as ironic as rain on your wedding day or a free ride when you've already paid? We get what she's trying to say — she doesn't want to look like a mom who spends so much time taking care of her kids that she completely neglects herself, develops cellulite, and forgets how to use her eyelash curler. That's great. But doesn't that outfit in fact make it look like she doesn't care about her kids as much as having sex appeal illustrated with an ass-cleavage-exposing sequined dress/shirt? We hope we weren't the only ones who saw it that way at first glance. You know, before we thought long and hard about really committing to Pilates this summer and, after staring at it long enough, realized the intended point.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza