• Nicole Richie had a very adorable hairdo in L.A.'s hot weather this weekend at the Time for Heroes celebrity carnival. Really, the braids-bun combo is cute. If we had enough energy in this heat spell, we’d try it. [Girls in the Beauty Department/Glamour]
• Beverly Hills–based hairstylist Christophe charges $500 for a haircut, but he wanted to mass-market his success. So he created a hair-care line that's cheaper than Kerastase at CVS. We love when they think of the broke people. [BellaSugar]
• Target retail domination is in full effect: Not only is the company partnering with designers like Botkier for the Target Go collections, now three makeup artists — Jemma Kidd, Napoleon Perdis, and Pixi's Petra Strand — are creating their own diffusion lines for the chain. [WWD]
• Sadly, the price of your makeup is probably going up. Suppliers like Dow Chemical Co. are raising ingredient prices by 20 percent. [Cosmetic News]
• One tester said the anti-aging M Lab skin-care line that promises to reduce wrinkles actually reduces wrinkles. Whoda thunk? The Anti-Aging Treatment Serum supposedly works immediately to tighten lines. It costs just $275 a bottle. [Specktra Net]
• Though it’s not unsafe to remedy under-eye bags with the hemorrhoid cream Preparation H once in a while, it’s not something you should do all the time. You’re better off eating a banana to boost potassium, which naturally squeezes out extra eye fluids. [Derm Blog]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Stop Time-Traveling to Such Lame Eras, Losers
From Our Partners
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
Anna Wintour Acknowledges Kim and Kanye Are Not 'Tasteful'
Here's What To Buy From J.Crew's HUGE 75-Percent-Off Sale!
How This Woman Lost 30 Pounds After Years of Ignoring Her Weight Gain
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesEven Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.The Angelina Jolie of China on Fame and Power
A rare interview with activist actress Yao Chen.Mindy Kaling’s Book Is Full of Beauty Wisdom
Six of our favorite insights.How to Look Amazing in Under 10 Minutes
A makeup artist's everyday skin routine.