On Saturday, we infiltrated throngs of hipsters at McCarren Park Pool to check out the goods at the fourth annual Renegade Craft Fair. The selection was heavy on screen-printed tees and letterpress cards, but the range of accessories turned up some interesting finds, like Loyalty and Blood’s patina-painted brass earrings, lacelike cuffs from Nervous System, and slouchy leather shoulder bags from Hoibo. Torrential rains in the afternoon sent shoppers huddling under water-logged tents while the bolder of the bunch sprinted as fast as their skinny jeans would allow them to nearby bars, and forced crafters to pack up their wares in a hurry. In case crowds of hipsters scare you and you missed the fair or you didn't beat the rain, here are a few of our favorite finds and a list of where you can buy them in stores:
• Devendra necklace: Erica Weiner's collection incorporates found objects from around the world. This necklace pairs a mottled feather and a mesh ginkgo-leaf charm on a brass chain ($35). Available at Cog & Pearl, 190 Fifth Ave., at Sackett St., Park Slope, Brooklyn; 718-623-8200
• Fir Earrings: Trained as an illustrator, Laura Su of Prismera Design creates intricate stainless-steel pieces featuring Art Nouveau–inspired botanical shapes like honey locust, fir, or rosemary ($75 to $150). Available at Camilla Boutique, 355 Atlantic Ave., nr. Hoyt St., Boerum Hill, Brooklyn; 718-422-0282.
• Reclaimed-Metal Earrings: Anna Johansson's Anna Built line of earrings is handmade from reclaimed and recycled metals, like tea canisters, enameled cans, or decorative vintage tins ($22). Available at Refinery, 254 Smith St., nr. Degraw St., Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn; 718-643-7861.
• Ant Ring: Though she's known for her whimsical stationery, Leigh Batnick's Vagabond Picnic collection of earrings, necklaces, and rings fitted with gleaming 14-karat-rose-gold ants make for clever summer accent pieces ($200 to $400 each). Available at Catbird, 219 Bedford Ave., at N. 5th St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn; 718-599-3457.
• Poor Little Rich Girl Bracelet: Joanna Petrone's Ach Ach Liebling line of antique-inspired pieces incorporates brass and hand-fabricated plastic ($45). Available at Catbird’s original location, 390 Metropolitan Ave., nr. Havemeyer St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn; 718-388-7688.
• Hand-Crocheted Earrings: A.S.I.S.'s hand-crocheted earrings (short for Angela Spencer's Irresistible Stuff) are woven from vintage cotton, passed down from Spencer’s great-grandmother ($40 to $48). Available at Min-K, 219 Mott St., nr. Spring St.; 212-219-2834.
Most Viewed Stories
Mary-Kate Olsen Strains Every Muscle in Her Face in an Attempt to Smile
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince George Has No Time for Justin Trudeau’s High Fives
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
Former Miss Universe Becomes U.S. Citizen So She Can Vote Against Trump
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of September 26
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
The Fashion Spot
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutThe Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Preschool Benefits Women More Than Men
A new study finds preschool is good for all kids, but particularly for girls.Uh-Oh, Is Rob Kardashian Feuding With Kylie Jenner?
Or, at least someone is trying to make it seem that way.Area Woman Interrupted by Man 25 Times in 26 Minutes
Lester Holt also interrupted Hillary Clinton 15 times.Hillary Clinton’s Sickest Debate Burns
She eviscerated Trump.Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber Are Separating After 11 Years Together
“The best way forward for us as a family is to separate as a couple.”Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
Preview the book Brigid Berlin: Polaroids.Morning Sickness May Suck, But It’s Actually a Sign of a Healthy Pregnancy
An upside to the nausea.2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
Vogue called blogging “pathetic,” and bloggers were not pleased.I Can’t Believe I Like This Victoria’s Secret Beauty Product
And why you’ll love it, too.
Swedish denim label Dr. Denim is here to make denim shopping a lot easier.Vanderpump Rules Drama Is the Only Constant in This Crazy Thing We Call Life
Season five arrives on November 7.Emily Kinney on Life After The Walking Dead
Her new show Conviction premieres next Monday on ABC.5 Things on Sale That You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From Saint Laurent Jeans to an Isabel Marant Sweater
We dug through the internet to bring you some great deals.Here’s One Reason Why Women Are Underrepresented in Politics
It starts at the local level.Rob Kardashian Meets Chyna’s Parents and They All Take a Trip to a Strip Club
They also have a Fourth of July block party.My Favorite Fruit-Shaped Hand Cream Doubles As a Pill Holder
Can also hold gum, almonds, and paper-clips.Mary-Kate Olsen Strains Every Muscle in Her Face in an Attempt to Smile
It was a good effort.A Weekend of Hair Envy With Rubi Jones
Including an impromptu Weasley family look for a Potter-themed party.All It Took for Anti-Vaxxer to Admit She Was Wrong Was Her Entire Family Getting Sick
Rotavirus made her change her tune.