On Saturday, we infiltrated throngs of hipsters at McCarren Park Pool to check out the goods at the fourth annual Renegade Craft Fair. The selection was heavy on screen-printed tees and letterpress cards, but the range of accessories turned up some interesting finds, like Loyalty and Blood’s patina-painted brass earrings, lacelike cuffs from Nervous System, and slouchy leather shoulder bags from Hoibo. Torrential rains in the afternoon sent shoppers huddling under water-logged tents while the bolder of the bunch sprinted as fast as their skinny jeans would allow them to nearby bars, and forced crafters to pack up their wares in a hurry. In case crowds of hipsters scare you and you missed the fair or you didn't beat the rain, here are a few of our favorite finds and a list of where you can buy them in stores:
• Devendra necklace: Erica Weiner's collection incorporates found objects from around the world. This necklace pairs a mottled feather and a mesh ginkgo-leaf charm on a brass chain ($35). Available at Cog & Pearl, 190 Fifth Ave., at Sackett St., Park Slope, Brooklyn; 718-623-8200
• Fir Earrings: Trained as an illustrator, Laura Su of Prismera Design creates intricate stainless-steel pieces featuring Art Nouveau–inspired botanical shapes like honey locust, fir, or rosemary ($75 to $150). Available at Camilla Boutique, 355 Atlantic Ave., nr. Hoyt St., Boerum Hill, Brooklyn; 718-422-0282.
• Reclaimed-Metal Earrings: Anna Johansson's Anna Built line of earrings is handmade from reclaimed and recycled metals, like tea canisters, enameled cans, or decorative vintage tins ($22). Available at Refinery, 254 Smith St., nr. Degraw St., Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn; 718-643-7861.
• Ant Ring: Though she's known for her whimsical stationery, Leigh Batnick's Vagabond Picnic collection of earrings, necklaces, and rings fitted with gleaming 14-karat-rose-gold ants make for clever summer accent pieces ($200 to $400 each). Available at Catbird, 219 Bedford Ave., at N. 5th St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn; 718-599-3457.
• Poor Little Rich Girl Bracelet: Joanna Petrone's Ach Ach Liebling line of antique-inspired pieces incorporates brass and hand-fabricated plastic ($45). Available at Catbird’s original location, 390 Metropolitan Ave., nr. Havemeyer St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn; 718-388-7688.
• Hand-Crocheted Earrings: A.S.I.S.'s hand-crocheted earrings (short for Angela Spencer's Irresistible Stuff) are woven from vintage cotton, passed down from Spencer’s great-grandmother ($40 to $48). Available at Min-K, 219 Mott St., nr. Spring St.; 212-219-2834.
Most Viewed Stories
Karl Lagerfeld Calls Out Meryl Streep for Canceling an Order for a Chanel Dress
Taylor Swift Is Not Going to Be Happy About This New Friendship
It Sure Looks Like Diane Kruger Is Dating Norman Reedus Now
Rereading The Handmaid’s Tale, One Month Into the Trump Era
Woman Framed by Ex-Boyfriend’s Wife in Craigslist ‘Rape Fantasy’ Plot Speaks Out
Someone Paid $2,000 to Provide Us With This Terrible Billboard
Sports Illustrated’s New Curvy Model on Fitness, Staying Healthy, and Embracing Her Body
Why Did Everyone Act Like I Was Crazy When I Decided to Have a Baby in My 20s?
Witches Are Planning to Hex Trump This Friday
People Everywhere Agree That Justin Trudeau Has a Good Butt
Latest News from The CutWatch the Bottega Veneta Livestream
Enjoy!This Man Probably Knows More About Makeup Than You Do
A quick chat with Instagram’s favorite male makeup artist.See Marina Abramovic’s Greatest Moments in the Art World
Her first extensive monograph comes out next month.Let Martha Stewart’s Story About Her New Peacock Soothe You
Xanax in blog form.Designers Agree: Red Is the Color for Fall 2017
It’s more than just a trend, it’s a movement.People Everywhere Agree That Justin Trudeau Has a Good Butt
An image of the Canadian prime minister’s butt has gone viral.Leonardo DiCaprio Is Definitely Hiding His Oscar in This Fanny Pack
What else could be in there?When Dating Younger Men Becomes a Sexual Crusade
On this week’s podcast: Cindy Gallop reinvented her career so everyone could have better sex.A Rainbow Elephant Makes a Fun Purse
The chicest look from day two of Milan Fashion Week.Wear Paisley Like This for Spring
The Golden Peacock Award winner from day two of Milan Fashion Week.
A style that looks a little familiar to anyone who spent too much time listening to Avril Lavigne.Princess Diana Is Having a Resurgence As a Fashion Muse
She’s the subject of a new London exhibit, and her influence is all over the runways.It Sure Looks Like Diane Kruger Is Dating Norman Reedus Now
The pair was spotted returning from a “romantic road trip.”Versace Went for Sloganmania Over Logomania at Milan Fashion Week
The clothes were splashed with messages like “equality” and “unity.”Bella Hadid and Tom Ford Partied This Week
Plus: Lottie Moss, Sienna Miller, Winnie Harlow.A Chinese Company Wants to Sell Ivanka Trump–Branded Sanitary Pads
The company’s founder called her a “role model.”Here Is Something Nice: A Duck Wedding
Duck wedding.The Wonderful Cat Guys of Kedi Are an Antidote to All the Bad Men in the World
This documentary about the street cats of Istanbul and the men who care for them will warm even the most cynical of hearts.Someone Paid $2,000 to Provide Us With This Terrible Billboard
It’s still unclear who’s behind it, but a protest will take place underneath on Sunday.A Georgia Beauty Queen Who Disappeared Years Ago Was Allegedly Murdered
A man was just charged in Tara Grinstead’s mysterious disappearance.