Tom Ford opened his first European store in Milan this week. Lucky duck Suzy Menkes got a private tour of the new Ford palace with Tommy Boy himself. It's five floors, 12,000 square feet and drenched in Fordian impeccability. Ford explains he wants the store to feel like a house. He adds a "layer of specialty" with the exclusive sale of fragrance "Italian Cyprus" in the perfumery. The store also offers every kind of leather good imaginable, cuff links, jewelry, riding boots, luggage, canes, walking sticks, and fur hats. Why bestow such Fordian fabulousness on Milan? Unlike Giorgio Armani, Ford thinks Italy is one of those places where men dress really well. Do watch and enjoy Ford's soothing voice and affected accent.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb