• A Coty, Inc. exec says snowballing celebrity scents all started with the launch of Glow by J.Lo in 2002, which sold $78 million before 2003. Now celebrities (Avril Lavigne, Queen Latifah, Patrick Dempsey, Mariah Carey...) see fragrances as a way to solidify a strong career as more and more people buy their scents to smell like them. [NYT]
• Zirh, a men’s grooming brand, will launch a woody men’s scent this September called Ikon. The ads will feature model David Gandy. [WWD]
• Celebrity makeup artist Nick Barose created Michelle Trachtenberg’s look for Gossip Girl, and suggests using Clarins Joli Rouge in Apricot Sugar for those orange-tinted lips. [Beauty Snob]
• Benefit’s “Just in Case” holds three mini-tubes of their biggest sellers, including BeneTint for lips and cheeks, California Kissin’ for white teeth, and Eyecon for dark undereye circles. [British Vogue]
• Stuck-Up hairspray will keep locks in place, and let you comb through. [15 Minute Beauty Fanatic]
• Tom Ford’s Black Orchid Body Cleansing Oil and Finishing Spray smells really good. As in, this blogger sprayed it on and was immediately showered with compliments over how good she smelled. [Kiss and Makeup]
• The C’watre line's key ingredient is modified sea water. The Kanreki Wash is a light rinse that can be used like a toner to smooth the top layer of skin. [A Girl’s Gotta Spa]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Chelsea Clinton Says She Didn’t Initially Know Her Mom Had Pneumonia Because She Was Trying to Power Through It
YogaToes Cured My Lifelong Fear of Bunions
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesYour Zits Are Actually Keeping You Young
New research suggest they are nature’s anti-ager.Rihanna’s Paris Fashion Week Show Involved a Lot More Purple Satin Than Anyone Was Expecting
Pastels were a major theme.Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
It’s a beautiful country!College Student Printed Out Her Roommate’s Subtweets and Posted Them in the Dorm in Today’s Best College Drama
She printed out every subtweet and posted them on a bulletin board.The Y Is Back in YSL, But Not Much Else Is Yet
Anthony Vaccarello’s debut collection falls back on label classics. Plus: Young Parisian designers experiment.Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Their 'first tweet' was not impressive.Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
It was inevitable.What’s Going to Happen to Angelina’s Jewelry From Brad?
She has quite a few personal pieces from Brad Pitt that might wind up on the auction block.Models at Margiela Looked Like Rainbow Brite Alien Angels
Cosplay for characters that haven’t been invented yet.Senate Approves Long-Delayed Zika-Funding Bill
The $1.1 billion measure is expected to pass the House later today.
“Campaign stress?”Emma Watson and Justin Trudeau Hold International Wokeness Summit
Rude of them to not invite the American delegate, Matt McGorry.Whoopi Goldberg on Vetements and Burning Bridges
The comedian is trading The View for a higher profile in the fashion world.This Gentle Mask Kills Zits Overnight
And it doesn’t stink.What Really Happens Backstage at the Shows
Runway beauty used to be pretty low-key. Now it’s one of the main events.Gary Johnson Calls in Supernatural Powers for Election Help
Melissa Joan Hart is the new Connecticut chair for the Gary Johnson campaign.Kim Kardashian Assaulted by the Same Guy Who Grabbed Gigi Hadid
He ran up and kissed her ass.The FDA Is Finally Going to Update the Term ‘Healthy’
Currently, foods that are low in fat but high in sugar can use it, which, no.Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Kellyanne Conway made a Freudian slip.Meet the Designer Who Launched a Hit Label From His Apartment
Talking to Atlein designer Antonin Tron about his unconventional debut.