On Thursday, Chinese designer Qui Hao beat out nine other finalists to win the anticipated Woolmark Prize. Though our hopes rested on American Tom Scott, Hao translated some pretty innovative ideas into knitwear, including "a white tube dress encircled with knitted orbs of Merino wool, inspired by a series of cave photos by Wang Gang," WWD reported. With his prizes (100,000 euros, and his designs will be stocked at Colette) Hao plans to relocate from Shanghai to Paris. And he's planning a line of masks that will appear in Chinese Vogue's December issue. Lets hope the City of Light continues to be a good-luck charm for the rising star. —Kendall Herbst
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like