Coming Soon, Yohji Yamamoto's new diffusion line, just dropped in the U.S. exclusively at Odin's 199 Lafayette Street location. The launch was announced late last year, with the first pieces set to hit stores this July. And right on schedule, Odin took on the men's collection and got the first delivery five days ago, including two shirts, one scarf, one pant, and one sweatshirt. (According to Eddy Chai, Odin's owner, the biggest seller thus far has been a washed black-cotton button-down for $240.) Even though the Coming Soon pieces contain absolutely no Yohji branding, the designer's signature touches are evident as the clothes uphold his architectural, sculptural style. More stores in NYC are lined up to distribute the line come spring 2009, the Yohji Yamamoto press office told us. But why wait? Head over to Odin to check out the goods up close. As for what's dropping next, Chai said the second delivery of Coming Soon should be, well, coming soon (as in next week). —Sharon Clott
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb