Polo Ralph Lauren Faces Class-Action Suit; Gisele’s New Car Commercial
Also, shoppers probably won't spend big on back-to-school shopping this year, and David Beckham has a surprising new television role.
• A lawsuit brought against Polo Ralph Lauren by former employees accusing the company of not properly compensating them and failing to provide breaks has been given class-action status. That means 5,300 other employees could join the suit. [WWD]
• Retailers are worried back-to-school shoppers won't spend big this year since teens aren't making much at summer jobs and consumer spending is down. [WWD]
• Frida Giannini said she worried the opening of the Gucci flagship in New York overshadowed the reopening of the renovated Rome flagship that same month. [WWD]
• Check out these Brazilian Volkswagon ads starring Gisele Bündchen and Sylvester Stallone. Now we know what they were doing in a car on that California highway together a while back. [Fashionologie]
• Vivienne Tam will join Stardoll, the Website that lets members dress celebrities like Anna Wintour and Rihanna. She'll judge a virtual styling contest this week. [WWD]