Did Marc Jacobs sign a civil solidarity pact with his boyfriend Lorenzo Martone in France on Sunday? Well, it's kind of unclear. Yesterday Fashion Week Daily reported the rumors were false. But today the Post reports the rumors are true. Who are we to believe? Let's retrace the rumor and try to decide.
Last week Fashionista breathlessly relayed that Jacobs and Martone would get married in France (technically that's not possible since gays cannot legally marry in France; they can only sign a civil solidarity pact — but the point is still the point). But the Internet, like us, got excited, put on its stylish high-waters, and welcomed the rumor flood. While we were all busy oohing and aahing, however, The Daily decided it wouldn't rest until it knew the truth, so they did what any hard-hitting team of journalists investigating matters of far-reaching global importance would: They checked Facebook and put in a few calls to France. Here are their findings:
• On Friday Jacobs changed his Facebook status to "Marc Jacobs is very busy."
• A member of the press office at Louis Vuitton said Jacobs was in the building.
• A store manager at the Marc Jacobs Palais Royal boutique in Paris said he hadn't seen the designer and didn't know anything about his private life.
• A salesperson at the Bleecker Street Marc Jacobs store here had heard no reports confirming the rumor, adding, "I am sure they would have sent something out. But one of my friends told me about the marriage. I have no idea if it's true or not."
• Davé Cheung, chef at restaurant Davé, which Jacobs frequents, hadn't heard the rumor, but noted gays can't marry in France yet.
• Jacobs is taking a trip to Ibiza soon, but he's been planning it for months.
• A rep for Louis Vuitton in France said, "They're just rumors."
• A rep for Jacobs here said, "Marc did not get married — nor does he have any plans to."
That sure is a nice long list of facts. But today "Page Six" reports the two were "married in a civil solidarity pact" on Sunday in France. Here are their findings:
• An insider told the paper, "He's totally excited. He said he's head-over-heels in love with Lorenzo. His life is coming together now."
• Jacobs can't take a honeymoon yet since he's preparing for New York Fashion Week in September.
So … Fashion Week Daily, WTF? But oh, how tempting it is to believe "Page Six"! Especially when the rumor is this good. We guess we'll have to
play hooky track him down in Ibiza and find out. If we return with our memories intact, we'll let you know what we find.
Related: Is Marc Jacobs Getting Married?
Most Viewed Stories
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
Mary-Kate Olsen Strains Every Muscle in Her Face in an Attempt to Smile
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince George Has No Time for Justin Trudeau’s High Fives
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of September 26
Los Angeles Police Confirm Active Criminal Investigation Against Derrick Rose
From Our Partners
The Zoe Report
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.