Erin Wasson's career has been rather turbulent lately. Last week rumors flooded the blogosphere that her jewelry design was awfully similar to Bliss Lau's. And yesterday WWD mentioned Wasson was no longer serving as Alexander Wang's stylist-muse. But today more positive things are on her horizon: She just inked a three-year deal to design a line for RVCA, and Opening Ceremony has already bought the spring 2009 collection. Now that she's finished her stint working with Wang (but they're still friends!), she actually has time for these things, you see. Wasson's first collection for the surf-and skate-inspired label includes denim cutoffs, a wool miniskirt, a silk button-down with thunderbolts, and a blazer with a zipper up the back. If it sounds very Alex Wang to you (maybe minus the thunderbolts), that's because Wasson says, "We have the same thought about what a girl should look like." And as for the Bliss Lau scandal? “I have the utmost respect for Bliss Lau,” Wasson told WWD. “I admire and appreciate what she has done for the jewelry industry.” And as for giving up her modeling career? "Oh, no, honey. You don’t bite the hand that feeds you," she said. The mark of a smart businesswoman: having something to fall back on.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat