Erin Wasson's career has been rather turbulent lately. Last week rumors flooded the blogosphere that her jewelry design was awfully similar to Bliss Lau's. And yesterday WWD mentioned Wasson was no longer serving as Alexander Wang's stylist-muse. But today more positive things are on her horizon: She just inked a three-year deal to design a line for RVCA, and Opening Ceremony has already bought the spring 2009 collection. Now that she's finished her stint working with Wang (but they're still friends!), she actually has time for these things, you see. Wasson's first collection for the surf-and skate-inspired label includes denim cutoffs, a wool miniskirt, a silk button-down with thunderbolts, and a blazer with a zipper up the back. If it sounds very Alex Wang to you (maybe minus the thunderbolts), that's because Wasson says, "We have the same thought about what a girl should look like." And as for the Bliss Lau scandal? “I have the utmost respect for Bliss Lau,” Wasson told WWD. “I admire and appreciate what she has done for the jewelry industry.” And as for giving up her modeling career? "Oh, no, honey. You don’t bite the hand that feeds you," she said. The mark of a smart businesswoman: having something to fall back on.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve