As you know, Ryan Lochte was a presence at Fashion Week. What you may not know? He says he wants "to be a designer." Or so he told us at a screening of Appaloosa the other day. "I’m really into fashion, and I’m trying to slowly get out of swimming." He’s been designing swimsuits for Speedo, his sponsor, and while he plans to compete in at least one more Olympics, he says he’s been suggesting ideas to other designers. "I’m here meeting people, getting into that crowd, studying, and getting creative," he said. He doesn’t yet have a name for his nascent fashion line, but he knows what he wants it to look like. "I want it to be business and dressy, but also skater," he explained. "It’s going to be a mix of dressy, punk, rapper, surfer, and skateboarder."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve