If the Emmys are any indication, actresses (and reality stars) are so over clean lines. The red carpet was awash in ruffles and ruching and poufing and big fat sashes last night. Some adornments begged to be ripped from their wearer more than Howie Mandel's soul patch — or earrings, for that matter. So it wasn't our favorite batch of gowns from an award show, but there were some stunners (Julia Louis-Dreyfus!), bummers (Eva Longoria's bow!), and a token crazy (Phoebe Price, God bless her!). And when the gowns bored, Ryan Seacrest's constant messing up/making people feel awkward on the E! pre-show always entertained. For more of our thoughts on last night's gowns, watch the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives