If the Emmys are any indication, actresses (and reality stars) are so over clean lines. The red carpet was awash in ruffles and ruching and poufing and big fat sashes last night. Some adornments begged to be ripped from their wearer more than Howie Mandel's soul patch — or earrings, for that matter. So it wasn't our favorite batch of gowns from an award show, but there were some stunners (Julia Louis-Dreyfus!), bummers (Eva Longoria's bow!), and a token crazy (Phoebe Price, God bless her!). And when the gowns bored, Ryan Seacrest's constant messing up/making people feel awkward on the E! pre-show always entertained. For more of our thoughts on last night's gowns, watch the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat