It's been said Tara Subkoff wishes she'd never sold the Imitation of Christ label she founded. But though she no longer helms her own line, she'll still put on a show this Fashion Week — or at least she'll help with one, as Form just announced Subkoff will serve as artistic director of its spring/summer 2009 show. Now, on the matter of Form: It's the label designed by Project Runway season five's first castoff, Jerry Tam. (We don't know about you, but the serial-killer costume that earned him the boot is still as fresh in our minds as our three-day-weekend hangover.) Tam and Subkoff got to know each other when Tam interned for Subkoff at Imitation of Christ. "I had no idea that [Jerry] would have so much respect for me that he would bring me on board! It's so great to be able to support one of my first interns at such a crucial time. Feels karmic and cosmic," Subkoff says in a press release. It is a surprising pairing to us, too. We never would have expected her to make a runway comeback with a Runway castoff/her ex-intern. Not that there's anything wrong with Form, but we kind of expected her to align with bigger potatoes. Maybe she really does miss the biz.
Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
- Zoe Saldana Was Ruffled Up at the amFAR Gala
- The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies