It's been said Tara Subkoff wishes she'd never sold the Imitation of Christ label she founded. But though she no longer helms her own line, she'll still put on a show this Fashion Week — or at least she'll help with one, as Form just announced Subkoff will serve as artistic director of its spring/summer 2009 show. Now, on the matter of Form: It's the label designed by Project Runway season five's first castoff, Jerry Tam. (We don't know about you, but the serial-killer costume that earned him the boot is still as fresh in our minds as our three-day-weekend hangover.) Tam and Subkoff got to know each other when Tam interned for Subkoff at Imitation of Christ. "I had no idea that [Jerry] would have so much respect for me that he would bring me on board! It's so great to be able to support one of my first interns at such a crucial time. Feels karmic and cosmic," Subkoff says in a press release. It is a surprising pairing to us, too. We never would have expected her to make a runway comeback with a Runway castoff/her ex-intern. Not that there's anything wrong with Form, but we kind of expected her to align with bigger potatoes. Maybe she really does miss the biz.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament