Come September 2009 London Fashion Week won't be reduced to a mere three days. Organizers of Fashion Weeks in London, New York, Paris, and Milan all met in London today to settle on dates for next year's Fashion Weeks. After the CFDA pushed New York Fashion Week back so as not to interfere with Labor Day and give designers more time to work on their collections, London Fashion Week was crunched down to about half of its usual six days. But WWD reports the fashion capitals reached a "peace agreement" today, so starting in September 2009, New York will be able to push its Fashion Week back while still allowing London Fashion Week a full five days. Now, everyone just has to figure out how to wrangle London a full-time slot in February (New York, Paris, and Milan have promised to "take London’s needs into account"). Details are fuzzy as to how the agreement was reached, but we're glad the bigwigs worked it out since we wouldn't want to miss out on any of the stellar emerging talent London is known for. It gave us Giles Deacon, Christopher Kane, and Gareth Pugh after all.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb