Following Liz Smith's report that noted Vogue photographer Patrick Demarchelier made a special trip to the States from London to photograph Britney Spears, E! Online is reporting the pictures are not for Vogue. Booooo! True, Demarchelier photographs for lots of other places, but we were so excited by the idea that Anna Wintour might make such a crazy cover move. Considering Vogue's flagging newsstand sales and less than stunning covers as of late, it could be a risk-reward move for both of them. Spears landed a Vogue cover only once, for the November 2001 issue. A source told E! that La Wintour "will never put [Spears] on the cover again" because "she's just not a Vogue kind of girl." Oh hooey. If that's really the case, we're putting our faith in Glenda Bailey. We could definitely see Brit on the cover of Harper's Bazaar.
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times