Last month, the Times ran a rather flattering profile of Russian Vogue editor Aliona Doletskaya, who’s successfully brought a shot of glamour to Putin’s people. The press got itself in a tizzy over Dolteskaya’s rising star, and last week the Post reported that an announcer at a Russian GQ event flat-out referred to Doletskaya as “the next editor of American Vogue.” Well, that’s going to cause a bit of a freak-out! But we don’t believe a word of it, and here’s why: For the last decade we've heard rumors of Anna Wintour's imminent demise, and yet, the ice queen lives to rule another season. But names will always be bandied about; herewith, a rundown of all the other recent would-be usurpers to her throne.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament