Last month, the Times ran a rather flattering profile of Russian Vogue editor Aliona Doletskaya, who’s successfully brought a shot of glamour to Putin’s people. The press got itself in a tizzy over Dolteskaya’s rising star, and last week the Post reported that an announcer at a Russian GQ event flat-out referred to Doletskaya as “the next editor of American Vogue.” Well, that’s going to cause a bit of a freak-out! But we don’t believe a word of it, and here’s why: For the last decade we've heard rumors of Anna Wintour's imminent demise, and yet, the ice queen lives to rule another season. But names will always be bandied about; herewith, a rundown of all the other recent would-be usurpers to her throne.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Is Sex a Workout?
- ‘Hard-Wired’ Sex Differences Are Meaningless
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
- Lena Dunham and Judy Blume Talk Sixth-Grade Lies
- Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life