Judging by the spring 2009 shoes we've seen on the runway so far, one might think designers had it in for us ladies. Because these heels are so high they're scary. Nay — dangerous. They've already caused models to fall at Rodarte, Prada, and Pucci. And still more models reported stumbling at Dolce & Gabbana, BCBG, and Peter Som. Models survived the Basso & Brooke, Marni, and Christian Dior shows unscathed, but that doesn't mean the catwalkers weren't scared walking in them. Next spring's hottest accessory just may be a pair of crutches.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat