Judging by the spring 2009 shoes we've seen on the runway so far, one might think designers had it in for us ladies. Because these heels are so high they're scary. Nay — dangerous. They've already caused models to fall at Rodarte, Prada, and Pucci. And still more models reported stumbling at Dolce & Gabbana, BCBG, and Peter Som. Models survived the Basso & Brooke, Marni, and Christian Dior shows unscathed, but that doesn't mean the catwalkers weren't scared walking in them. Next spring's hottest accessory just may be a pair of crutches.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Cozy Sweaters
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters