• The kitschy, fun, youthful stock from Fred Flare opens its first-ever brick-and-mortar store tonight, and they're celebrating with Champagne, treats, music, and surprise gifts. 131 Meserole Ave., nr. Leonard St., Greenpoint, Brooklyn (718-599-9221); 711.
• Sunday: Acclaimed French boutique Comptoir des Cotonniers is celebrating the opening of its first New York store with a mother-daughter casting for its campaign, to be held at the boutique. Mothers and daughters should come dressed in their best attire; winners will be flown to Paris in December for the Comptoir des Cotonniers spring 2009 fashion show as well as a fashion shoot broadcast worldwide. Comptoir de Cotonniers, 155 Spring St., nr. Wooster St. (646-747-3018); 37.
• Costume National's ready-to-wear for men and women is up to 90 percent off as they prepare to move shops. Through 10/26. 108 Wooster St., nr. Prince St. (212-431-1530); Thurs.Sat. (98), Sun. (107).
• Imitation of Christ is having a sample sale, not only on their line but also on Chris & Jaime, Orthodox, and Margaritasaplala. Through 10/26. 201 Mulberry St., nr. Kenmare St.; Fri. (98), Sat.Sun. (128).
• Save 20 percent off gear for your pup at Mascot's sale. Just type MCTFALL08 at checkout. Last time we checked, they had a puffer coat for dogs. Adorable. Through 10/31.
• Get discounts on Prada and Miu Miu ready-to-wear and footwear from past seasons at their friends-and-family sample sale. Through 10/24. 609 W. 51st St., nr. Eleventh Ave.; Sat.Sun. (96), Mon.Fri. (98).
• Betsey Johnson's fun, girlie collections are on sale; evening dresses are $120, day dresses are $90, and sportswear is $50. Through 10/24. Millennium Broadway Hotel, 145 W. 44th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; Wed.Fri. (98).
• Don't miss the Castle Starr sample sale featuring 40 to 60 percent off retail prices; dresses are $290 from $600, and tops are $180 from $400. Through 10/24. 494 Eighth Ave., nr. 35th St., third fl. (212-564-8083); 99.
• Gant is slashing 80 percent off its classic menswear basics; a red flannel shirt is $29 from $115, and wool blazers are $95 from $545 to $845. Through 10/24. 20 W. 55th St., nr. Fifth Ave., eleventh fl. (212-230-1949); Wed.Thurs. (8:306:30), Fri. (8:305).
• Hit the Bonpoint sale for 50 to 75 percent off fancy French kids’ clothes; an Adelia blouse is now $58. Through 10/24. 317 W. 33rd St., nr. Eighth Ave. (718-747-1656); Wed. and Thurs. (96:30); Fri. (95).
• Sanyo Fashion House is hosting a sample sale on men's raincoats and outerwear with coats starting at $49. Through 10/24. 525 Seventh Ave., nr. 38th St., Ste. 904 (212-869-2990); 95.
• Halloween arrives early at Old Navy, with activities and free goodies, like trick-or-treat bags, shopping discounts, a costume contest, and a chance to win free clothing, at all Old Navy stores. Click here for locations.
• Stop by the Elie Tahari sample sale for 70 to 80 percent off men's and women's clothing, shoes, and handbags. A brown, silk, embroidered cocktail dress is $159 from $448, and knee-high leather flat boots are $199 from $625. Through 10/25. 510 Fifth Ave., nr. 43rd St., ground fl. (212-398-2622); Tues.Fri. (8:307:30), Sat. (105).
• Robert Marc marks 50 to 90 percent off eyewear. A pair of Lunor glasses start at $49 from $475 to $995, and Gimme:Glasses start at $59 from $325 to $395. Through 10/25. Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fourth fl. (212-675-5200); 107.
• Tusk is hosting a 50 to 70 percent off sale on their colorful, functional, Italian leather handbags, wallets, and travel accessories. Through 10/25. 242 W. 26th St., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-242-8485); 117. Closed Sunday.
• The prices may not be bargain basement, but staples from Hickey Freeman and Bobby Jones are up to 75 percent off; suits that started at $1,395 are now from $680. Through 10/30. 317 W. 33rd St., nr. Eighth Ave. (718-747-1656); Sun. (96); Mon.Wed. (96:30); Thurs. (95).
• Streetwear and sneaker kings Alife and A.R.C. are taking 20 to 50 percent off stock at their Courtyard Clearance Sale this weekend. Through 10/26. 158 Rivington St., nr. Delancey St. (212-375-8128); Thurs.Sat. (127), Sun. (126).
• The Evisu sale offers 50 to 90 percent off the brand's signature denim, hoodies, shirts, dresses, and outerwear, plus several exclusive pieces. Through 10/26. 440 Broadway, nr. Grand St.; 117.
• Oliver Peoples frames can easily cost $350 to $500, but at the sale, select styles are $121 and under. Through 10/26. 755 Madison Ave., at 65th St. (212-585-3433), and 366 W. Broadway, at Broome St. (212-925-5400); call for store hours.
• Johnson is slashing prices on their cute, vintage-inspired frocks by up to 80 percent. Through 10/26. 179 Orchard St., nr. Stanton St. (646-602-8688); Mon.Fri. (17), Sat. (12:308), Sun. (noon6).
Most Viewed Stories
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Kim Kardashian Assaulted by the Same Guy Who Grabbed Gigi Hadid
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.