We don't understand why the Olsens bother doing things that garner publicity. Because when they do, their fans crawl out from manhole covers with heightened interest in them. And then the Olsens are expected to feed that interest by talking to the media and even interacting with those fans in person. Shudder. So while we are enormously grateful for their new book, Influence, because it truly is a good read, we don't understand why they put themselves through the sheer visibility of it all. Before Influence they never talked to reporters at events, though they had no qualms about posing for photos. They barely talked to magazines who did cover stories of them. And now they have to go on Oprah, where the conversation is limited to breakfast (never eating disorders! Oprah tried). They held a party for the book at Barneys last night but didn't want reporters to cover it. This afternoon they signed books at Barnes & Noble. And they did everything they could to ensure extremely limited interaction with their fans, including handing out a list of rules to anyone who wanted a book signed, which Racked got ahold of.
1) Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen will be with us for a limited time. They will only be signing copies of their book, Influence. They will not be speaking, reading or taking questions.
2) Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen will NOT sign any memorabilia or product other than Influence. There is a limit of one book per person, and your one book must be purchased here.
3) You will be directed to pay for your book upon entering the store and will be given a receipt for your purchase. Please keep your receipt. You will receive your book at the signing table.
4) Along with your receipt, you will be given a B&N wristband, and then directed to the event space on the 4th floor. You must have a receipt and a wristband to access the 4th floor.
5) Anyone approaching the signing table must have paid for the book and be wearing a B&N wristband. One person, one wristband, one book.
6) You will collect your signed book at the signing table. If you have paid for any additional copies, a staff member will provide you with those before you exit the space.
7) There is no photography allowed. You must put away your camera or cell phone before approaching the signing table. The authors will not pose for photos.
8) If you leave, or the authors leave, before you are able to collect a signed book, you may present your receipt to a cashier for either an unsigned book or a refund. (Refunds only issued within 14 days of receipt.)
9) There will be no extra signed copies available after the authors leave the store. They will not be able to sign for anyone who is not on line. No pre-orders.
Most Viewed Stories
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
The 6 Best Denim Shops on Etsy
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
Amy Schumer Went All Out for the Kiss Cam at a Mets Game
The Pippa Middleton Look Book
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutThe Couture Craftswoman Bringing Her Vision to the Street
Christelle Kocher splits her time between Chanel and her own couture-meets-streetwear line.What Fashion Anthropologists Think About the Relentless Cargo-Shorts Boom
There’s a lot going on in those pockets.Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of September 26
Mars enters Capricorn.Lupita Nyong’o Dropped a Rap Video to Celebrate Her 3 Million Instagram Followers
She debuted a short video on Instagram.Amy Schumer Went All Out for the Kiss Cam at a Mets Game
She had a kiss for her dad and her boyfriend.The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
This week’s sex diary.Marc Jacobs’s Dog Has His Own Coffee-Table Book
Neville Jacobs, Instagram celebrity.The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally, and Sean Hayes want you to feel FOMO.Emma Watson Helped Make a Short Film to Inspire You, Ladies
Jump those hurdles. Swing from a chandelier.Get Gender-Free Fashion Delivered to Your Hotel Room
Best room service ever.
It’s yet another reason to be #NeverTrump.The Newsroom Meets Mad Men in the First Trailer for Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt
Revolt away, girls.Arrest Made in Pippa Middleton iCloud Photo Hack
The hacker reportedly offered The Sun and The Daily Mail 3,000 pictures for a large sum of money.The National Nightmare Is Over: Kim Kardashian Will Vote for Hillary
She’s with her.Dolce & Gabbana Was an Italian Lovefest
The theme was Tropico Italiano.Watch the Salvatore Ferragamo Livestream
Enjoy!Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
Her name is Dusty Rose Levine. Awwww.Beyoncé and Tina Knowles Did a Normal Mother/Daughter Thing
Houston’s Solid Gold Beauty Supply received the Queen Bey herself.Brad Pitt Probably Won’t Face Prosecution for Child Abuse
The Brangelina Divorce Machine marches on.North West Is a Pretty Great Flower Girl
Brides, prepare to be upstaged.