Marc Jacobs is perhaps the only person who can top Marc Jacobs. After he presented his spring 2009 Louis Vuitton show in Paris yesterday, he may have trumped the collection by taking his bow in high heels — a stacked variety à la French president Nicolas Sarkozy. Needless to say, the choice of footwear left the fashion flock abuzz. We spend more time talking about the clothes he designs than the clothes he wears, but Marc has never shied from making his own fashion statement, from those shoes to the skirt he wore following his New York show to his SpongeBob tattoo. We compiled Marc's most memorable fashion statements in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb