The editorials and ads in this month's fashion magazines got into the Halloween spirit, much to our delight. This is the season of goth, after all! However we kind of wish someone had done a trick-or-treating spread. We know it's cliché, but imagine models walking through the suburbs with plastic pumpkins shot by Terry Richardson — amazing, right? Nonetheless, we enjoyed French Vogue's crazy-high shoe spread, Lula's witch spread with a comeback queen, and Purple's requisite awkward nudity. As for our least favorite pages, Nylon's spread of Cory Kennedy and Peaches Geldof was a forced attempt at creating stars, Canadian Flare forgot Coco Chanel's styling edict and overdid the trends, and Paper committed the ultimate sin: They made Julianne Moore look old and unpretty. We've arbitrarily awarded the best and worst photos from the October issues in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament