The editorials and ads in this month's fashion magazines got into the Halloween spirit, much to our delight. This is the season of goth, after all! However we kind of wish someone had done a trick-or-treating spread. We know it's cliché, but imagine models walking through the suburbs with plastic pumpkins shot by Terry Richardson — amazing, right? Nonetheless, we enjoyed French Vogue's crazy-high shoe spread, Lula's witch spread with a comeback queen, and Purple's requisite awkward nudity. As for our least favorite pages, Nylon's spread of Cory Kennedy and Peaches Geldof was a forced attempt at creating stars, Canadian Flare forgot Coco Chanel's styling edict and overdid the trends, and Paper committed the ultimate sin: They made Julianne Moore look old and unpretty. We've arbitrarily awarded the best and worst photos from the October issues in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve