Makeup artists wielded their brushes with zeal this season. The Paris runways were covered in paint, from pouty red kissers to crazy body paint. Some designers opted for a minimalist look like Chloé and Chanel, but others went for something more attention-getting. The lips at A.F. Vandevorst were oversize red pouts bordering on clownlike, while John Galliano dolled up his models in so many colors they looked like porcelain figurines. And Bernhard Willhelm used black paint and pastel colors to draw on words like "personal" and "low" or shapes of triangles and circles. To check out more makeup looks, click ahead for our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her