Fashion Week basically ended yesterday, but designers aren't languishing in Grecian hot springs with hot models feeding them grapes. They're back at the drawing board creating next year's pre-fall and fall collections. In fact, they're probably whipping up fabulous things right now as we type. We caught up with Phillip Lim this week at the Crystallized Swarovski Elements launch party for Unbridaled, a book of photographs of wedding decorations and gowns inspired by Swarovski crystals (Lim designed a gown for the book). What can we expect for his February show, which is so far away, yet so necessary to know about right this second? "Fun. Glamorous. Edgy. Jewel-toned colors. More luxe and rich in a way that it's not about more expensive — it's just the depth, the texture, the color, the feel," he explained. "It's the girl growing up. Grown-up girls that don't forget to have fun. It's going to be more emotional than ever." He added his approach to the upcoming collections will be the same as always despite the fact that everyone's so broke nowadays. "I mean, our business is pretty, wearable clothes. What would I change it to? All I could do is put even more of my heart and soul into it and make it even more personal." Aw.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like
- Retail Task Force Tries to Fix Racial Profiling
- Putin to Free Pussy Riot, Maybe