Marc Jacobs has hinted designer collaborations at Louis Vuitton might be getting out of hand. But that doesn't mean they're going to stop: WWD just reported Sofia Coppola is the next guest designer on tap. Coppola will design a line of handbags and shoes for the house, which most recently collaborated with Comme des Garçons designer Rei Kawakubo on monogram leather goods. But unlike Kawakubo's limited-edition bags, which are only available in Japan, Coppola's designs will be sold worldwide. Don't get us wrong — we heart Sofia Coppola as much as Marc Jacobs, but we have to wonder if her Vuitton goods will have the same cache as Richard Prince's, Takashi Murakami's, or Kawakubo's. Then again, she interned with Karl Lagerfeld when she was in high school and launched the Milkfed clothing line in Japan in 1998 so it's not like she hasn't done this kind of thing before.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve