It's holiday-window time! Don't roll your eyes. True, lots of department stores will go the predictable Santa Claus, fake snow, mistletoe, Christmas tree route, prompting tourists to block sidewalks to gawk as if these items were treasures unique to Manhattan. But not Barneys. They've traded holly wreaths for Afro wreaths to spread holiday cheer, hippie-style. Simon Doonan was inspired to do a sixties holiday-window theme this year after reading Tom Brokaw's book about the decade, Boom! Voices of the Sixties: Personal Reflections on the '60s and Today. The windows also pay homage to the peace sign's 50th anniversary, and showcase peace sign–inspired outfits by designers like Derek Lam, Proenza Schouler, Diane Von Furstenberg, Stella McCartney, and more. Brokaw lent his star power to the momentous window ribbon-cutting ceremony yesterday. See that and the new windows in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!