• Chanel's national makeup artist, Osvaldo Perez (known as O.P. to his clients), stops by Barneys for an all-day beautifying session. Barneys New York, 660 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St., Seventh fl. (212-833-2004); 117, call for appointment.
• Shopping bonanza Lucky Shops features designers like Vena Cava, Theory, and more, plus beauty, home, accessories, and shoes for up to 70 percent off. There will also be a denim bar, a Benefit Cosmetics brow bar, and a Nine West boutique. Tickets are $35 for Friday and $20 for Saturday. Through 11/8. Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave. (866.458.2598); Fri. (107), Sat. (105).
• ABC Carpet & Home offers more than 90 items for a silent auction to benefit three African charities. Items include a Ralph Lauren bed, a Valentino suede handbag, an Alexander Wang silk-yarn dress, and more. Opening bids start at cost price, and interested parties can place bids in the store. Through 11/12. 888 Broadway, at 19th St., second fl. (212-473-3000); Mon.Fri. (108), Sat. (107), Sun. (116:30).
• D.B.A. Brooklyn and Hong Kong–based toy company Toy2R create a pop-up shop and throw a pre-release launch party for Frank Kozik's new line of grown-up toys, which are reminiscent of Kidrobot. D.B.A. Brooklyn. 454 Dean St., nr. Flatbush Ave., Park Slope, Brooklyn (347-599-0998); 611.
• In celebration of the new Juicy Couture flagship store, founders Gela Nash-Taylor and Pamela Skaist-Levy are hosting a meet-and-greet, signing postcards and giving away “Viva La Juicy” tees to shoppers who spend over $200. 650 Fifth Ave., at 52nd St. (212-796-3360); 111.
• Butter, Tibi, Something Bleu, and Nancy Geist are having a sample-stock footwear sale. Through 11/13. 307 Seventh Ave., nr. 28th St., Ste. 2307; Mon.Fri. (107), Sat.Sun (closed).
• Sandals, ballet flats, and wedges start at $40 at the Matt Bernson sale. Through 11/8. 434 Greenwich St., nr. Vestry St. (212-941-7634); Fri.Sat. (127).
• Find 20 percent off everything at the Brooklyn boutique Jumelle, such as A.P.C.'s apple necklace for $88 (regularly $110), or Mociun's scarf for $116 (regularly $144). Through 11/7. 148 Bedford Ave., nr. 9th St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-388-9525); Thurs.Fri. (127:30).
• Items at the Anna Sui sample sale start at $15; the rest of the stock is 7080 percent off retail prices. Through 11/7. 250 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Eighteenth fl.; Mon.Fri. (89, 11:302:30, 4:307).
• Tibi's lambswool sweater-capes are $104 (orig. $414), long-sleeve gowns are $200 (orig. $784), belted cape jackets are $140 (orig. $559), and the rest of the stock is up to 75 percent off. Through 11/7. 336 W. 37th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Fifteenth fl., Penthouse 15 (212-966-3773); Wed. (17), Thurs. (9:307), Fri. (9:305:30).
• A silver metallic dress from Vivienne Tam is $150 (reg. $795) and a taffeta appliqué dress is $120 (reg. $495). Through 11/7. 260 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Third fl. (212-840-6470); Wed. (98), Thurs. (97), Fri. (106).
• Get 20 percent off beauty products from brands like Smashbox, Frederic Fekkai, Lorac, and more with any order during Beauty.com's friends and family event. Through 11/7.
•Abaete's sample sale has sundresses, sweaters, jackets, and more from the spring and fall 2008 collections for up to 80 percent off. Through 11/8. 560 Broadway, nr. Prince St. (212-334-4755); Thurs.Fri. (117), Sat. (126).
• Clothing and accessories from Hayden-Harnett's fall 2008 collection are 40 to 70 percent off at EDGE*nyNOHO. Through 11/8. 65 Bleecker St., nr. Lafayette St. (212-358-0255); Wed.Sat. (127).
• Men's and women's shoes and accessories from Fred Perry are on sale. Through 11/9. 547 W. 27th St., nr. Tenth Ave. (212-736-3030); Thurs., Fri., Mon., Tues. (107) , Sat.Sun. (126). Cash only.
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Staving Off Cynicism at Comme des Garçons, McQueen, and Céline
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
How This Woman Lost 30 Pounds After Years of Ignoring Her Weight Gain
The Zoe Report
Why I Quit Shopping At Zara
J.Crew Is Shifting Away From a High Fashion Image, Focusing Instead on Its Heritage
Boobs Over Belly Buttons Brilliantly Shuts Down Body Shaming
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.