With news that Jean Paul Gaultier is launching a line of kidswear, tykes have morphed into mini-trendsetters. From Shiloh's skull-patterned moccasins to Malia's Election Night dress, highly styled kids can cause stores to sell out of "It" items as quickly as their famous parents. And retailers have taken notice: Macy's just announced that they'll be stocking Tommy Hilfiger's relaunched children's line next season, and Ralph Lauren converted his Bleecker Street women's store into a children's boutique last month. But tot apparel is no longer confined to the oversize T-shirts and scuffed-up sneakers of your youth. It's all about pizzazz, especially with the holidays coming up. Economy be damned! Click ahead to check out some furry, feathered, and spangled kid styles.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza