Macy's would like you to believe that everything's dandy at their Herald Square headquarters, but alas, no one is exempt from a tanking economy. The third quarter just closed, and Macy's lost a reported $44 million, a sharp the contrast to the $33 million profit the company boasted last year at this time. However, the CEO says that this is no indication of future earnings and that 2009 will turn out to be a profitable year. Why? For starters, they just announced Tommy Hilfiger will relaunch his children's apparel line exclusively at the department store next season, with every intention of the line becoming a top seller. It's a plan to bolster sales, but we'll have to wait and see if it works. In the meantime, Macy's, feel free to lure us in with an 80 percent off sale.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb