Confirming speculation, Marco Zanini has been named the new creative director of Rochas. His first collection, for fall 2009, will walk in Paris in March. Rochas shuttered in 2006, when Olivier Theyskens helmed design, because of financial difficulties, but Procter & Gamble is reviving the ready-to-wear line. This is Zanini's second gig in a row that charges him with resurrecting a label. He presented the first two collections for the new Halston label, but was let go after underwhelming response from critics. Franco Penè, president of Gibo Co. SpA, which signed the licensing deal with Procter & Gamble to revive Rochas, favors "craftsmanship over showmanship." Despite the critical response to his work for Halston, Zanini's collections sold well, especially overseas. Maybe that's all it will take for the big brass at Rochas to be happy.
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split