Miu Miu's third Manhattan outpost opened on 57th Street today. Shiny, golden, three floors, and 4,860 square feet, it symbolizes everything the economy is not. Over the last three years Miu Miu's sales have seen a 30 percent annual boost. They plan to open even more stores across the U.S. in cities including Las Vegas; Costa Mesa, California; and Bal Harbour, Florida. The third floor of the 57th Street store will be devoted to special events revolving around art, culture, and fashion. The first exhibit currently on display called "Modern Portrait Gallery" consists of renditions of Miu Miu ad campaigns starring celebrities like Kirsten Dunst and Lindsay Lohan (and maybe soon Katie Holmes). View the slideshow to see more of the store and its delicious dresses, shoes, and bags and, most important, escape the recession along with Miu Miu.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like