Miu Miu's third Manhattan outpost opened on 57th Street today. Shiny, golden, three floors, and 4,860 square feet, it symbolizes everything the economy is not. Over the last three years Miu Miu's sales have seen a 30 percent annual boost. They plan to open even more stores across the U.S. in cities including Las Vegas; Costa Mesa, California; and Bal Harbour, Florida. The third floor of the 57th Street store will be devoted to special events revolving around art, culture, and fashion. The first exhibit currently on display called "Modern Portrait Gallery" consists of renditions of Miu Miu ad campaigns starring celebrities like Kirsten Dunst and Lindsay Lohan (and maybe soon Katie Holmes). View the slideshow to see more of the store and its delicious dresses, shoes, and bags and, most important, escape the recession along with Miu Miu.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat