Behold, Thanksgiving is upon us, the one holiday a year where it's a free-for-all of gluttonous behavior. And you must forgive us, but we tend to rationalize gorging, calling it "carb-harvesting" for Black Friday — after all, you do need your energy. But we're not the only ones. We asked several models if they overindulge for the holiday and whether they had any cooking tips for us. Check out who likes tacos, who hates eggnog, and who indulges in raspberry-tofu pie after the jump.
• Favorite Thanksgiving food: My uncle's mash potatoes with a secret ingredient.
• Do you overindulge on the holiday? But of course. That is why Thanksgiving is the way it is in our family. I enjoy being home, the huge dinner, and the long nap afterwards.
• Favorite Thanksgiving food: Stuffing, but it has to be Stove Top. I don't like all the fancy kinds with nuts and raisins. My mom is the one to make the stuffing, and it only takes three minutes. All you do is follow the box!
• Do you overindulge on the holiday? Of course! I'm only 17! I don't worry about that, and shouldn’t at my age, as long as I'm healthy and active. I love exercising and playing sports. So it's easy for me to have fun and work out. I like to swim at a gym or do yoga.
• Cooking tips: I'm learning. But I don't know how to cook Thanksgiving food yet. I know how to cook spaghetti Bolognese, pizza, and tacos — stuff that everybody knows how to cook.
• Are you afraid of overindulging? Oh, no, not me! Because I love to eat. Actually Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the ham, the turkey, the macaroni and cheese. We do it really big at my house – even the dessert is amazing. My mom makes the best banana pudding. The best.
• Favorite Thanksgiving food: My mom’s pumpkin pie with lots of whipped cream.
• Do you overindulge on the holiday? Eating well and being active is just part of my daily routine, so it’s no different for me during the holidays or non-holidays.
• Cooking tips: I'm not a good cook. I don't cook a lot. But I like food, so it's kind of a weird thing. See, I don't do eggnog.
• Do you overindulge on the holiday? Not really. I don't treat it any differently.
• Cooking tips: I cook somewhat, but I would not want to screw up Thanksgiving dinner.
• Do you overindulge on the holiday? Everybody should eat too much! You're with family and friends, you should go a little bit overboard. Just go to the gym!
• Favorite Thanksgiving food: I'm vegan, so I won't be partaking in the turkey, casseroles, and pie like the rest of my family. I will probably just have a simple meal of steamed greens, beans, avocado, and maybe even a little piece of raw dark chocolate.
• Do you overindulge on the holiday? Thanksgiving for me is more of a time to see my family rather than a time to look forward to eating a huge meal, but maybe once I come back to New York, I'll have a little bit of raspberry-tofu pie from Souen in celebration. It's my favorite dessert when I do have one.
Most Viewed Stories
I Tried Hillary Clinton’s Diet and Now I Sympathize With Her
Blake Lively Reportedly Just Gave Birth, and You’ll Never Guess Who’s Running to the Hospital
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Angelina Jolie Got Everything She Wanted in Temporary Divorce Deal With Brad Pitt
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
The Mysterious Deaths of Two Sisters in a Luxury Hotel
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.