Helena Christensen just replaced Kate Moss as the star of Agent Provocateur's ad campaigns. She plays a sexy pirate; Kate played a sexy bride. Helena reassured us at the ACE Awards this week that no bad blood exists between them. "You know, the industry is so volatile. We're always losing jobs and getting each other's jobs. I get someone's job, someone gets my job. It was never really a problem with the girls at all. I don't know. She looked pretty hot," she said. "Maybe I should call her up and have a discussion about it." (To make sure Kate doesn't hate her, or to analyze the finer points of sex appeal? Sounds ripe for intrigue.) Helena appears almost-nude in the ads, and she's perfectly comfortable with it. "I draw lines once in a while," she said. "I look at myself very objectively... but I'll be the first one to speak up if I think that I'm doing something that I find rather naff." Confession: we had to ask her what "naff" meant, and she said "tacky." Makes sense. Her Agent Provocateur sexy-pirate charade was decidedly not naff.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like