• Cheap drugstore cosmetics brand Physicians Formula's profits jumped to $1.7 million from $102,000 at the same time last year. Damn. [WWD]
• Frédéric Fekkai stylist Adir Abergel is calling the "lob" (short for long bob) the hairstyle of the season. Anne Hathaway, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Eva Longoria are sporting it. [Beauty Counter/Style.com]
• Brandy and Estelle have the blues: Both wore peacock-blue shadows at recent public appearances. Apparently the new thing is to wear colored shadows that make a statement with otherwise subdued outfits. [Daily Beauty Reporter/Allure and BellaSugar]
• Citrus scents are out; classic, heady scents are in! Those include Pure Poison by Dior, Love by Ralph Lauren, Opium by Yves Saint Laurent, Strip by Agent Provocateur, Angel by Thierry Mugler, and Youth-Dew by Estée Lauder. Maybe they go with the economy or something. [LAT via Jezebel]
• In a lesson in obviousness for the day, Lucky editors remind us that it's not nice to ask people if they've had work done. Thank you. [Beauty Department/Lucky]
Most Viewed Stories
Donald and Melania Trump Hold Hands Because They’re Fine, Everything’s Fine. (Update: No, They’re Not.)
Melania Trump Swatted the President Away When He Tried to Hold Her Hand
Monica Lewinsky Wrote a Scathing Good-bye to Roger Ailes
Scarlett Johansson and Colin Jost Were Reportedly Making Out at the SNL After-Party
Why Can’t We Be More Honest When We Talk About Weight Loss?
The Emancipation of the MILF
Hannah Bronfman Wore 7 Different Dresses at Her Wedding in Morocco
Melania Trump Reportedly Hate-Watches Cable Shows for Her Husband
Ariana Grande Responds to Manchester Arena Bombing, Has Reportedly Suspended the Rest of Her World Tour
Ask a Boss: I’m a Boss Now! Should I Feel Anxious All the Time?
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesJared Leto is Ready for Bed
He rocked his pajamas during a recent performance.See How Balenciaga Shaped Modern Fashion
Photographs from a new retrospective at the V&A Museum in London.I’m Looking Forward to Getting Pregnant in Space
How some outer-space mouse sperm might pave the way for my life plan.Which Runway Cat Eye Are You?
From Chanel to Valentino.Cher’s Emoji-to-English Dictionary, Abridged
In case you’ve ever wanted to know what the palm tree emoji really means in Cher-speak.Valentino Resort Was a Tribute to Downtown New York
Creative director Pierpaolo Piccioli’s first Cruise collection for the brand was sporty and relaxed.7 Things We’re Dying to Buy This Week
From metallic mules to a Marc Jacobs shirt.Google’s Employee-Run Email List Helps Workers Anonymously Submit Bias and Harassment Complaints
Nearly 20 percent of Google workers get the newsletter.9 Books We’re Reading Right Now
Read with us.Hannah Bronfman Wore 7 Different Dresses at Her Wedding in Morocco
Checking in on the other socialite wedding from last weekend.
The actress speaks out on making a name for herself and clapping back at the haters.16 Things to Buy From Net-a-Porter’s Crazy-Good Spring Sale
Sam Edelman sandals for $65, a Sacai shirt for $279, and more.New Bacteria Shirt Might Be the Key to Not Being Drenched in Sweat After Working Out
The bioLogic shirt was designed by MIT scientists.Will Nettle Tea Help My Allergies?
Two experts debunk the claim that nettles ease hay fever.Ask a Boss: I’m a Boss Now! Should I Feel Anxious All the Time?
You still have lots to learn.How I Get It Done: Victoria Tsai, CEO of Tatcha Beauty
On why she wakes up at 4:30 a.m., reads every customer email, and wears the same work outfit every day.Trump’s Budget Proposes Kicking Planned Parenthood Out of All Federal Programs
It goes beyond just blocking the organization from receiving Medicaid reimbursements.Here Is a Nice Mental Image: Al Gore Quietly Dancing the Night Away at Cannes
The former vice-president reportedly cut loose at the film festival.Pediatricians Are Taking a Harder Line on Babies Drinking Fruit Juice
It’s understandable why people think fruit juice is healthy and might want to give it to their kids, but it’s not much better than soda.Donald and Melania Trump Hold Hands Because They’re Fine, Everything’s Fine. (Update: No, They’re Not.)
The president and First Lady deliberately clutched each other after the hand swat seen around the world.